What IS a BD?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
just pointing out that new born BD can be totally black and not the washed out colour that we see from some so called BD pups

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Going off topic a little....but it wouldnt hurt to take the heat out of this thread!

What is a typical price for a young Leo in comparison to a young BD?

Lol, I might start painting Retics!:banhim:

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Yeah how much difference we talking?

Steve

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Just Toby;4204131; said:
Going off topic a little....but it wouldnt hurt to take the heat out of this thread!

What is a typical price for a young Leo in comparison to a young BD?

Lol, I might start painting Retics!:banhim:
in english money :D

about £500 for a leo

£2k + for a BD

Thats why people try to pass leo x BD of as true BD

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
T1KARMANN;4204764; said:
in english money :D

about £500 for a leo

£2k + for a BD

Thats why people try to pass leo x BD of as true BD
:WHOA::WHOA::WHOA:,Holy fishpoo thats alot:eek:

steve

alanm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
UK
I supose we are back to the same thing they will only sell for what people are willing to pay as things get tight less will be paid also the more that are bred the lower the price as demand will drop

captive animals used to hold a high price but now they have dropped like stones with in one year captive bds will be widely available much like leos

collectors will pay high price for only the best you will also see a standard set for the highest of graded animals

as for the leo x bd well i have seen some fantastic animals over 37cm and they look as nice if not better than most of the wild animals i have seen, dont get me wrong ive seen some lovely wild animals with fantastic markings but not that many considering the amount that has been imported

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
alanm;4205104; said:
I supose we are back to the same thing they will only sell for what people are willing to pay as things get tight less will be paid also the more that are bred the lower the price as demand will drop

captive animals used to hold a high price but now they have dropped like stones with in one year captive bds will be widely available much like leos

collectors will pay high price for only the best you will also see a standard set for the highest of graded animals

as for the leo x bd well i have seen some fantastic animals over 37cm and they look as nice if not better than most of the wild animals i have seen, dont get me wrong ive seen some lovely wild animals with fantastic markings but not that many considering the amount that has been imported
you are right any fish is only worth what someone will pay

but for me i wont pay BD money for a ray without belly spotting :D

Rayfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
UT
Price difference between a leo and BD is alot in asia, that's why nobody would want to take a risk if the pups are not black and white when birth.
For a male pup,
Leo ave price S$1300
BD ave price S$4500
Difference of at least S$3000

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store