Worms?Prolapsed anus or something else

FishySense

Feeder Fish
Oct 15, 2024
India
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
No
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Infrequently; more than a month between changes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
IMG20241015202201.jpgIMG20241015161355.jpgIMG20241015161343.jpg
From 1-2 months my oscar is behaving weirdly, he eats like usual but he acts like he got swim bladder and also wiggle his tail like when fish does during breeding time and recently I have observed that it's stomach looks bloated and his anus looks like someone drilled a hole in their .

I mainly feed my oscar live fish (quarantined) or small frozen fish. I have a wasteland planted tank (valesneria and crpyts), it's been 2 years since I made this tank (4feet*2feet*2feet), I have implemented techniques as dr.fish said in his videos, So I don't do water changes often and also due to because my tank only homes 2 Oscars, 1 Florida gar(recently grew to a feet) and some loaches, and also has golden money plant growing above and I also used to have a peace lily, mechanical filtration is bit on the lower side as my sunsun external filter completely got...., now it has a small external filter and a top filter (for a year), sorry for the bad photo quality my parents are not at home nor my big brother.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
View attachment 1550766View attachment 1550767View attachment 1550768
From 1-2 months my oscar is behaving weirdly, he eats like usual but he acts like he got swim bladder and also wiggle his tail like when fish does during breeding time and recently I have observed that it's stomach looks bloated and his anus looks like someone drilled a hole in their .

I mainly feed my oscar live fish (quarantined) or small frozen fish. I have a wasteland planted tank (valesneria and crpyts), it's been 2 years since I made this tank (4feet*2feet*2feet), I have implemented techniques as dr.fish said in his videos, So I don't do water changes often and also due to because my tank only homes 2 Oscars, 1 Florida gar(recently grew to a feet) and some loaches, and also has golden money plant growing above and I also used to have a peace lily, mechanical filtration is bit on the lower side as my sunsun external filter completely got...., now it has a small external filter and a top filter (for a year), sorry for the bad photo quality my parents are not at home nor my big brother.
Welcome aboard
FINWIN FINWIN
Jexnell Jexnell

Reactions: FishySense

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Size of tank?
Size of Oscar?
How long are you quarantining those live fish?

Based on information given your water changes are extremely inadequate for an oscar.
You need to test the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store