75g Stand cracking underneath

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I still haven't done anything to this setup.
Is it a matter of time before it finally breaks? Was thinking to drain tank and just add a 4'x18" board underneath eventually.

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Hi friends finally got some wood 48x20 for under my tank.
Home depot 20 each looks fresh do I need to do anything to secure before I add under the tanks?

1000017988.jpg

1000017720.jpg

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
wednesday13 wednesday13
The legend & friends should I be worried about this acrylic tank.
any advice would make my day
thanks in advance.
Hopefully this could work but its seaclear thin acrylic.

1000018151.jpg

1000018152.jpg

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
You have purchased a decorative plank, that is made up of four boards glued together edge to edge. It's not plywood, it's not particularly strong or stable, and it's essentially just a decorative thing, a way to produce a wide plank for shelving or other purposes without costing as much as an actual natural plank that wide. It's a workaround to get a 12-inch plank out of a 4-inch tree.

But...the picture seems to show that the corners, or perhaps the entire end pieces, project upwards above the top surface of that "stand". So your new piece of wood is supported only at the corners or at most at each end. If the support is stable and strong, that can work with an all-glass tank. Acrylic? I dunno. We need wednesday13 wednesday13 to weigh in.

But seriously...bite the bullet and get or make a proper stand. You have some nice tanks that are standing on stacks of decorative garbage right now. You're throwing good money after bad at this point, and have been for awhile. The thread's been going now since last fall; how much longer can your luck hold out?

Reactions: amazontank

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Thanks so much for your message!
Really appreciate it.

This probably should be a new thread since this is a new tank.
Just trying not to throw out house furniture to make way for new tanks.
I'm wondering if I can just add another board ontop to make this work temporarily because I have a stack of these boards already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store