75g Stand cracking underneath

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Ive seen worse lol… could be better tho also. I dont think that plank of wood would matter as much if it were placed on top of a proper stand. The mat bothers me as well as how un level the top of that futniture/board combo is. Will it explode… probably not, acrylic is pretty strong even at 1/4-3/8”… looks like its already a done deal tho as the tank is set up. How temporary is it? Any zoomed out pics of the setup/furniture its sitting on?

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Ive seen worse lol… could be better tho also. I dont think that plank of wood would matter as much if it were placed on top of a proper stand. The mat bothers me as well as how un level the top of that futniture/board combo is. Will it explode… probably not, acrylic is pretty strong even at 1/4-3/8”… looks like its already a done deal tho as the tank is set up. How temporary is it? Any zoomed out pics of the setup/furniture its sitting on?
Thank you so much!

1000018158.jpg

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Just a few months trying to use every available space in my house for tanks without tossing furniture.
This furniture is very sturdy it's just that lip I didn't account for.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Ehhh lol… i mean both tanks are pretty much in the same boat here… luckily there not that large to really blow a seam for being unlevel and not properly supported. IME ive abused smaller acrylic tanks more so than large ones for temporary quarantine setups and sumps. Sumps are only half full at most tho also.
Best advice i can offer is to not do this for long. Saving space is an easy fix… remove the left stand and build a 2x4 stand for both tanks that properly supports the bottoms. Obvious answer i know. Ive been there before with limited materials, time and $$… Ive set up 55 gals on milk crates in a pinch… no guarantee on how long these will last or pose a problem tho. Id wager the right tank fails first with the gap in the bottom middle. At the least… drain it and place shims in the middle where its sagging between the board and furniture top or fill that lip void entirely with something to level it.
Sadly… these both may be better/safer just right on ur floor if you have too. Not fun to look at that way but it would eliminate the worry of failure. Your boards are long/wide enough on both tanks. Cinder blocks would be the easiest to raise them up on without any building/tools.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store