950 Plywood/Acrylic Build on Wheels!

pdxmonkeyboy

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2016
Nice!! do you mind if I ask how much you paid? I want to build an 8' long acrylic in the future.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Looks like a good build, interested to see how it comes out, imo the castors will deform over time so you won't be able to move the tank, I think you need to find away of taking the weight off them when the tank is full. I have seen solid metal wheels flatten at the bottom if they haven't moved in along time.

FisheadFrank

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Illinois
Looks like a good build, interested to see how it comes out, imo the castors will deform over time so you won't be able to move the tank, I think you need to find away of taking the weight off them when the tank is full. I have seen solid metal wheels flatten at the bottom if they haven't moved in along time.
Thank you for the info. Hopefully when the levelers are tightened they will take a decent amount of weight off of the wheels so that doesn't happen.

Reactions: dan518

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
In what emergency do you ever have to move a fish tank that's this big???? Usually people plan tank builds in a location where they don't have to move them. Unless youre batman and it goes to a secret passage that it hides, other then that those wheels are useless. This build is going to fail. Maybe not immediately but give it time

FisheadFrank

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Illinois
Thank you for your concern. I would move the tank to get the electrical outlets or window behind the tank. I may not ever have to, but if I did, I can drain the tank and move it....this means the wheels are not useless.
What on this build is going to fail?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store