Camel Shrimp

HilJack41

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Cincinnati soon to be lakeland fl
camel shrimp are just like, cleanershrip but the appear to have a hump just like a camel and their colors can be more vibrant and contrasted. A nanno, jsut mena that you haev a nano rerf, or a wholereef system simplified to a small space a nano reef can be up to 20 gallon after than it is jsut a reef. i aheva reeal good website link here somewheres, ill post it later. but it jsut like if you took a huge coral reef and shrunk all the contnets to a smaller sized. everythign is stil there , jsut smaller and more dondenced, some tiem peole tryto cookie cutter a reef wher ethe nano is actually jsut a peice of the reef but not hte whole system, im all about natural filtration, and the biological processes that fit together with each specis of animal youhave, and elemnet you put int het tank. ill get sme pic of the nano i tanke care of. if youdo it right youreef will be over flowing and thriving with coral and other creatures, such as doc has experianced iwht his camel shrimp! :hearts:

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
Doc said:
Nano's are usually small....

3 gallons or less is a betta bowl.

I wouldn't suggest touching a tank under 5 gallons.

If you want to put it in a 3 gallon and change the water everyday, I suppose you must have some free time on your hands so go for it.

My setup is a Marineland 5 gallon Hex. Some live rock, rubble base, no sand and 2 camel shrimp.

I hate you, you ruin everything. :hearts:

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
oh hell no, dont you try and put the blame on me, this is all ur fault you started it!

ill try and move on :cry:

Doc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
NH
www.docsden.com
The power filter claimed most of the shrimp fry. I'm getting 3 x 10 gallon tanks started so that the I can remove the next hatch. I'm going to run off 30 gallons from my 125 and run sponge filters. I'm going to try and remove the fry with a turkey baster(my favorite multipurpose aquaria tool). My digi camera is down so I missed the SWARM that was there the first day, I'm down to about 25 swimmers, there might be more in the rock.

Anyone have any experience with raising shrimp?

I've got liquifry, some ground pellet food. Need ideas of food.

Doc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
NH
www.docsden.com
I had no expectations of this hatch making it through. I wasn't going to shut down the filter and kill the tank. I'm going to be ready for the next round though.

Hopefully I'll be sending everyone a couple camels for their nano's soon!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store