Couple of Poly Questions for the Bichir Guru's

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Wow that was a very informative discussion around bichjrs and their respective location. Made my day (morning commutes are boring). Sorry I wanted to ask a question Hao Hao if there is a website for Rehoboth aquatics? Not able to get a response from them via email either.

I have kept bichirs and gars in past and now planning to keep some location specific variants l. Have difficulty sourcing them where I live.

But thanks again for sharing the knowledge.
Rehoboth aquatics doesn’t have a website anymore. Hopefully you weren’t emailing the old email. Check out his Facebook page (Rehoboth Aquatics, USA) for his updated email or number to call/text. You can also message him through Facebook or Instagram too. Toyin generally gets bichirs from Guinea (probably one of the only guys I’m aware of that does in US) but he has access to other places like Nigeria, Ghana, Congo, etc.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Wow that was a very informative discussion around bichjrs and their respective location. Made my day (morning commutes are boring). Sorry I wanted to ask a question Hao Hao if there is a website for Rehoboth aquatics? Not able to get a response from them via email either.

I have kept bichirs and gars in past and now planning to keep some location specific variants l. Have difficulty sourcing them where I live.

But thanks again for sharing the knowledge.
HumanBean are you located in Canada? Let me know I can point you in the right direction

Joe

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Saw my thread get a reply which is funny coincidence as I had planned to update it today. Now please forgive me as I grumble and moan a little. Hey, it's my thread.

First the other half? kept me up all night long and not in the good way. 😂 And now I'm worrying about a possible late delivery and the delivery fee alone set me back $300. I'm not sure but I think it maybe the most I've ever paid for a delivery. So, I was already a little put off by that but now I see it hasn't even left central processing and it's supposed to be delivered today. By now it should've been at very least be at my local station.

The good news I've got at least one bichir coming today 3 all together if the second delivery manages to keep it's guarantee which of course has a million and one contractual stipulations to get them out of paying for not meeting said "guarantee". Sorry I'm grumpy. I'm trying to figure out if I should spill what I got or wait till I can upload pics.

Reactions: HumanBean

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Nice pick ups. Looks like you pulled the trigger with Toyin.
Yes, thank you I'm really happy with them. The Endlicheri Dabola colored up quickly the PBB not so much yet but they're awesome and Toyin was great to deal with too. I'm already thinking of buying more. 😂

Edit: My original post I referred to the Endli Dabola as simply Dabola which could cause confusion as Hao pointed out there is a sp. Dabola. Edited my post to not cause possible confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hao

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Yes, thank you I'm really happy with them. The Dabola colored up quickly the PBB not so much yet but they're awesome and Toyin was great to deal with too. I'm already thinking of buying more. 😂
Yeah. He doesn't let down when it comes to bichirs for sure. Definitely would recommend doing cargo shipping next time since its way more cost efficient and the fish are usually in the box for only like 6-10 hours. The PBB probably will take 1-2 months to do a full transformation (depending on your substrate too). Endlicheri maybe 1-2 weeks for a full transformation. Just a sidenote, there's endlicheri from Dabola (what you recevied) and a sp. "Dabola" so you might confuse other people when you start saying "Dabola" by itself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store