Datnoid's stability mystery

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
I have found mine are generally more skittish when they are stable.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
if stable means happy that would mean most of us dont know how to take care of IT as most are unstable meaning we are not taking care of them right

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
if stable means happy that would mean most of us dont know how to take care of IT as most are unstable meaning we are not taking care of them right
or the other way around

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
or the other way around
how can it be the other way around as a higher % are unstable meaning that the unstable ones are not being cared for right as they are unhappy and unstable

meaning a very small % of us are taking care of our IT right making them stable

yh_loh

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Malaysia
maybe IT got small ball compare to ST got big ball...so IT generally are more skettist to human being...
hehehe...LOL....just kidding.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
today i changed all my substrate all 125kg of it now if thats not enough to stress out all my fish what is

yet every single tiger even ones that are unstable 24/7 all went fully stable

another example of stressed out tigers dats if you are unsure what fish i was talking about going stable when stressed :)

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
guys no need to guess anymore,this is what i study for many yrs,agressive when shown on curious,feeding and fighting = stable
timid,take cover to camouflage. = unstable

stable untable = genetic born in this way.

black ground, DW,water etc what ever is nothing to do with the stablility..."fish change base COLOUR on blackground" i do agree.when u change anything..they show some curious or agressive and let u see colour.

ST and NNT gene are more stable in a way,IT like to camourflage and more timid.most of them will stable "not all" when they grow bigger cus they are more braver.some take mth,yr depend of fish clar....."forget the spelling"...

later free i might explain more.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
guys no need to guess anymore,this is what i study for many yrs,agressive when shown on curious,feeding and fighting = stable
timid,take cover to camouflage. = unstable

stable untable = genetic born in this way.

black ground, DW,water etc what ever is nothing to do with the stablility..."fish change base COLOUR on blackground" i do agree.when u change anything..they show some curious or agressive and let u see colour.

ST and NNT gene are more stable in a way,IT like to camourflage and more timid.most of them will stable "not all" when they grow bigger cus they are more braver.some take mth,yr depend of fish clar....."forget the spelling"...

later free i might explain more.
good post . Agree with all your comments. I think indos are meant to be unstable and stable in theor life time. i.e. genetic born this way as you say.. definately agree, bigger they get , more braver , can lbe more stable, and it often takes over a year in my experience. a long time to wait. but well worth it.

And some ITs are stabel 24/7. ... these ones are the odd ones out. there arnt many like this, and they always command a higher price.

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
all those yrs starting for the 90s....70% of the so call ST we keep are attually hybrid btw IT,NTT,ST.
and only 30% of them are pure classic ST.ask yourself,why are there so many type of body shape colour etc in a single breed of fish.try google and see more pic and in future u will know what im trying to tell u guys.the internal breeding result can be gd or bad but honestly nowadays if u want to find a pure classic ST,dont think is easy.there are many dat that ready close to ST all those yrs not just now.one call ST....all follow...maybe is export from thai last time,see the tail of your ST......there are many ST with NTT tail that many people had miss out.why ST had yellow base which original colour is gold and so on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store