Datnoid's stability mystery

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
i stick to my orignal though that IT are stable when they are unhappy or stressed
yes, this is true for all datnoids, with the exception of maybe true datnioid pulchur, which are bright most of the time and sometimes turn dark. "stable" is a misnomer, as it refers to the color only, and no the condition or health of the fish.

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
if u think im guessing,up to u....i never ask u to believe in me.the true will be out one fine day. or it may just carry on fool u guys for the rest of the year.

let me just expalin simple abit.last time there is just 2 red aro in the market,chiili and blood.
after this 2 red are mix together,they are still consider red cus they still look like red.
ntt x st will still call st cus they still look like st.
it x st,same thing.
doesnt mean they are mix...fish will not turn nice.yellow base so call ST still leave some NTT trade mark in every single fish.
either the tail,long body,a dot in btw centre and last bar,thiner bar etc.not all but most of them.
and some ST will hv some faded bar,IT tail etc..this is the trade mark at ST when it beening cross with IT.
go see more fish before u come tell me my feedback is turue or false.
I think your analogy using red aros doesn't work considering they are still scleropages formosus and not hybrids. The reason you seepulcher that dont all look alike is because there is variation within the species but unlike the asian aros they have not reproduced in captivity so you don't see these trait being line bred in or out

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
Also one of the things that has always drawn me to dats is their ability to change color at a moments notice

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
I think your analogy using red aros doesn't work considering they are still scleropages formosus and not hybrids. The reason you seepulcher that dont all look alike is because there is variation within the species but unlike the asian aros they have not reproduced in captivity so you don't see these trait being line bred in or out
is just an exsample bro to tell u what is acttually happening,forgive my english is not that gd to let u understand enough.
is just like northern come to southern to mix up.this is what i mean.
we can put those aro together to breed but we cant put those tiger,they hv to breed naturally in the river,the only thing u can do is just to relize IT and NTT to the river to let them cross naturally.that mean this can be done by those hobbier there and not just those catcher ithself.that why when i say catcher sometime also dont even know what they catch and call it as ST,as long as it from the river itself.

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
im not trying to say your fish is hybrid and try bring down the value,i earn nothing from this,i just want to let u guys know what is happening only and what u are keeping acttually.
the natural crossbreed result can be nice too.is just that if u are going for the pure classic ST today,just a little hard.
not just today only hv this hybrid u guys all fighting about,all those year since 90s this fish already exit.u can call them CT if u like.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Come on simonsym, your like a lone warrior battering the posts to explain your point of which you have no evidence of cross breeding all these tigers as you keep saying. I get your point .

So unless u have proof , you are guessing. What you are proposing doesn't even classify as conjecture.
And the different shadesof colour the IT come in, well how can you say that's from x breeding???? Just look at animals in the wild with stripes or patterns like a big cat tiger for example; no one tiger has the same stripes or the same shade of orange...

By me saying your guessing; this is not meant to be as an insult, but based on your multiple post responses I think u have taken it the wrong way.

Just proove to me they are being crossed. So we can all stop
being fooled by our own imagination. Lol

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
I suppose your tiger fish you keep have cross bred in your tank at home. lol lol

lets see your Hybrid oddball: of NTT and ST, or even better NTT and IT :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
:grinyes:
I suppose your tiger fish you keep have cross bred in your tank at home. lol lol

lets see your Hybrid oddball: of NTT and ST, or even better NTT and IT :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
u are so clever...how u know that?if not the tigerfish in my video under my signture come from where..:grinyes:

wheather my comment make sence or not,up to them to judge.
honesty if u think im talking nonsence,up to u.u and me got nothing to lose.
just a pity that my feedback cant enlight u anything.im so sorry.:(

TheTankMates

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
llama
yes, this is true for all datnoids, with the exception of maybe true datnioid pulchur, which are bright most of the time and sometimes turn dark. "stable" is a misnomer, as it refers to the color only, and no the condition or health of the fish.
Can someone please explain to me how this is the case with IT's? Why is it in LFS stocks tanks often with no cover the IT's I have seen have unstable coloration and act skittish if this is to be believed to be the pattern when they are relaxed and content, and why so many have pics of stable patterned It's in tanks with cover etc????
Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store