Datnoid's stability mystery

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
since getting my 7" NGT it picks on my 9" IT-the IT is stressed because of this yet its never been so stable since I've had it.
It spends its time in the corner on a 45 degree angle yet its 100% stable. Now I know its not happy as before i got the NGT it'd swim round the tank but wasn't half as colourful :confused:

TheTankMates

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
llama
So the IT's in 30 gallon tanks at my lfs with no cover, that are laying underneath each other in corners and "unstable" are actually happy and mine is unhappy as the dominate fish and "stable" in a lightly stocked 135?

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
all those yrs starting for the 90s....70% of the so call ST we keep are attually hybrid btw IT,NTT,ST.
and only 30% of them are pure classic ST.ask yourself,why are there so many type of body shape colour etc in a single breed of fish.try google and see more pic and in future u will know what im trying to tell u guys.the internal breeding result can be gd or bad but honestly nowadays if u want to find a pure classic ST,dont think is easy.there are many dat that ready close to ST all those yrs not just now.one call ST....all follow...maybe is export from thai last time,see the tail of your ST......there are many ST with NTT tail that many people had miss out.why ST had yellow base which original colour is gold and so on.
How do u know 70% of ST are hybrid ?
Are u guessing?
I think that's ****!

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Are u guessing?
I think that's ****!
x2. I heard that same bull when someone tried to lowball me on ST in the past, that my ST are hybrid...

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
Are u guessing?
I think that's ****!
if u think im guessing,up to u....i never ask u to believe in me.the true will be out one fine day. or it may just carry on fool u guys for the rest of the year.

let me just expalin simple abit.last time there is just 2 red aro in the market,chiili and blood.
after this 2 red are mix together,they are still consider red cus they still look like red.
ntt x st will still call st cus they still look like st.
it x st,same thing.
doesnt mean they are mix...fish will not turn nice.yellow base so call ST still leave some NTT trade mark in every single fish.
either the tail,long body,a dot in btw centre and last bar,thiner bar etc.not all but most of them.
and some ST will hv some faded bar,IT tail etc..this is the trade mark at ST when it beening cross with IT.
go see more fish before u come tell me my feedback is turue or false.

Reactions: Durio

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
last but not least...doesnt mean a fish is cross i wont pay a much higher price.if nice i still will pay for it.
when u keep a fish,u should know what u are keeping and when u want sell it,is easy for u too.
buy what u like and not follow others what they like.

simoncym.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2009
singapore
FYI if u talk about guessing....the person who make the most guessing is the catcher.he himself know the parent?
out of the thai river all are ST,top call bottom all follow.last time this fish is affordable,so no one bother,as long as is from thai...all are pure classic ST.they dont even notice many many yrs back,the gene already run so much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store