Fahaka Puffer..so far!

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Around what size does that tend to happen around? I already listed the Pleco for sale but depending on the time I have I may have to put a more "aggressive" price.
i think there is no way of knowing. I know some older fahakas who go great with tankmates. Most keep cichids or plecos with them. It really depends on your fahakas behaviour. They all have their own personality.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Definitely better than before, puffers really appreciate a complex tank design so they have more areas to explore…

i used to randomly re-decorate my tank every year or two as well to keep switching things up for her especially as she grew…

Reactions: neko1 and quasar

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Definitely better than before, puffers really appreciate a complex tank design so they have more areas to explore…

i used to randomly re-decorate my tank every year or two as well to keep switching things up for her especially as she grew…
Good idea! He hasn't really been exploring much yet. I guess the change takes getting used to?

Reactions: neko1

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Each puffer has a different personality so hard to say…

my old girl started off as a 1” puffer in a 200G with complex decorations, so exploring used to be in her nature from the get go…

Reactions: quasar

FahakaPapa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
It really all depends on the puffer as stated above, they seriously do have different and interesting personalities. My 166 gallon only has one rock structure in it. It's her sleeping spot lol. Rest of the time she basically watches out of the tank waiting for her next meal. Even as I type this... I look back over my shoulder and can see her swimming back and forth. She does spend some of her time "blowing" into the sand, looking for food. It's actually kind of funny.

Reactions: quasar

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Silly diet question. So I know mussels and clams are recommended for Puffers, but I've never seen anyone recommend canned baby clams.

I genuinely doubt I'm the first to think of this, so I guess my question is why do people not use these? Is it a quality thing, or perhaps the tin preservation causes issues?

6000198522461.jpg

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Silly diet question. So I know mussels and clams are recommended for Puffers, but I've never seen anyone recommend canned baby clams.

I genuinely doubt I'm the first to think of this, so I guess my question is why do people not use these? Is it a quality thing, or perhaps the tin preservation causes issues?

View attachment 1487330
what does the discription say? whats added? oil, salt, e-numbers?
If its just water it might be fine to be honest. Would be smart. But you can also just buy a box of crabs or crayfish in a chinese supermarket for real cheap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store