Hunting invasive species

Do you do your part to control invasive?

• No, I'll start soon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
This thread is to teach, discuss and share about the control and hunt of invasive species wherever they occur.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Eurasian starling: invasive in many areas of the world the Eurasian starling now occurs in North America, Australia and Africa , they will kill other birds and will cause species such as bluebirds and wrens to decline.

How to get rid of them: live trapping,air rifle,shotgun,small caliber firearms (.22lr,.22mag,.22 short,.17 hmr),bow crossbow, even throwing knive
Aim where the base of the wings and the bottom of the neck intersect or puncture the lungs.

And dang your fast krich!

Reactions: deeda

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Feral felines!
My next post.

By the third generation feral cats tend to have shorter tails, longer legs and longer canine teeth, true Ferals rarely have much white coloration, Ferals apparently eat between 20 to 60 wild animals a day and can severely devastate game birds such as grouse, bobwhites and pheasants and feral cats have caused the extinction of many species, in rare cases they have killed deer(mostly fawns).

How to hunt: havahart traps, for low caliber rounds aim for the head,with larger (.45 acp+) chest shots work,broad head arrows have been used.
Many ferals when caught can make great pets.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
House sparrows: plague the United States and will outcompete or kill species such as swallows,purple martins and smaller finches.

As with starlings bits of bread make a good bait,they can be caught in bird traps(they make good snake food after being frozen a while), shot with small caliber weapons and air guns, taken via archery etc

Reactions: deeda

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Can toads: invasive in Australia, Florida,Hawaii, Texas etc

How to catch: really easy to catch,take them by hand, gig,spear,archery,net,pitfall bucket, whatever.
They can be turned into fertilizer.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They always try that at first, they calm down within 30 minutes(especially once fed my favorite is chicken).
At my work there are warring factions of them and it's interesting to observe them defend their respective territories when I don't have anything else to do.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There is also a Cane toad presence in Puerto Rico.The biggest that I have seen were there.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store