Hunting invasive species

Do you do your part to control invasive?

• No, I'll start soon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

squint

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
CO
Brown tree snakes: introduced to Guam by plane these snakes eat unsuspecting native birds.
As far as controlling them dead mice filled with aspirin has worked, they also can be used as fashion acessaries.
Acetaminophen (Tylenol), not aspirin. Also works on cats but you didn't hear that from me.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Over here we have port Jackson bushes invading fynbos. Argentine and imported tropical fire ants threatening insect biodiversity. Bass, mosquito fish and trout are a severe problem for our aquatic ecosystems as well! Lots of invasive critters here

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Acetaminophen (Tylenol), not aspirin. Also works on cats but you didn't hear that from me.
Thanks.

Snakeheads: easy to catch on artificials such as seedless frogs, or with a recurve bow, good eaten fried or grilled and makes good marlin bait.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Over here we have port Jackson bushes invading fynbos. Argentine and imported tropical fire ants threatening insect biodiversity. Bass, mosquito fish and trout are a severe problem for our aquatic ecosystems as well! Lots of invasive critters here
I'm not aware of port jack being destructive, just exotic.
As for fire ants there is a fly I think that attacks them, or you can set their hills afire

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'm not aware of port jack being destructive, just exotic.
As for fire ants there is a fly I think that attacks them, or you can set their hills afire
Here it stifles out the indigenous fynbos which is seriously bad. There have been parasitic wasps released that target the trees and hamper their growth.

Fire ants are an issue in certain regions, however some native species are becoming increasingly competitive and are even pushing the invasives out. Cool huh?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Here it stifles out the indigenous fynbos which is seriously bad. There have been parasitic wasps released that target the trees and hamper their growth.

Fire ants are an issue in certain regions, however some native species are becoming increasingly competitive and are even pushing the invasives out. Cool huh?
We had a similar thing happen where freshwater drum killed all the Eurasian mussels in a lake.

You can also use some invasive South African trees as driftwood, many are acacias and locust trees which are real good for such.

European shore crab: a small crab that is easy to catch, can be used as animal fodder or even eaten.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Black carp: can be shot via bow, not sure how good they taste, they kill native mollusk in the United States.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Viper, your poll doesn't accommodate for sooks like me... There's no "I would love too but I'm a sook that can't kill things" option.. :p

The trout here are invasive... A license is needed to catch them, work that out. The trout are killing our galaxias (sp?) so what does the government do? Protect the trout. Of course, the galaxias don't make them money, trout do, so save the trout, right? :(

Edit: I feel I should add that the trout were brought here for sports fishing, they didn't "accidentally" find their way into our lakes and rivers, they were put there intentionally. Whether that counts as invasive I don't know. But they're wiping out our native species so...

Last edited:

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Viper, your poll doesn't accommodate for sooks like me... There's no "I would love too but I'm a sook that can't kill things" option.. :p

The trout here are invasive... A license is needed to catch them, work that out. The trout are killing our galaxias (sp?) so what does the government do? Protect the trout. Of course, the galaxias don't make them money, trout do, so save the trout, right? :(

Edit: I feel I should add that the trout were brought here for sports fishing, they didn't "accidentally" find their way into our lakes and rivers, they were put there intentionally. Whether that counts as invasive I don't know. But they're wiping out our native species so...
Has a government ever made a decision that made sense or was good for people, as for killing things.... you have a husband right? I'm sure he can help.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Has a government ever made a decision that made sense or was good for people, as for killing things.... you have a husband right? I'm sure he can help.
My hubby and I split last January, I doubt he'd kill anything for me any more lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store