im starting to consider reptiles. wich should i get snake or lizard

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
what should i try and get if i decide to. some type of monitor. or a snake?

In your all exsperience how are monitors are they all mean and vicous or can you handle certain types

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
red tail boa
or beardie

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Most monitors are not trust worthy, some are down right vicious, individuals vary alot. A friends 6' Nile got out one day and killed his dacshund. Snakes and monitors tend to have strong odors. Water dragons and bearded dragons are good startes and hand tame easily.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Personally I am not too fond of large reptiles, just not my thing. If I had a choice I would get a nice Chameleon setup.
and/or
I would also really love a tree frog setup, something with a fog machine and live plants!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Vitaliy said:
Personally I am not too fond of large reptiles, just not my thing. If I had a choice I would get a nice Chameleon setup.
and/or
I would also really love a tree frog setup, something with a fog machine and live plants!
I hear you, I like geckos, esp. those little F.U. geckos, and giant leaftails. A good tank of small geckos will sing to you like crickets. They also tend to be cheap but you have to handle them gently. I also love dart frogs.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
not realy wanting a boa or python unless its albino. Ive had them in the past. I had iguanas,anoles,geckos, im wanting something difrent this time. the lfs does have the beardys tho. If i did the frog setup ide have to go full blown terrairium i no i screwed the spelling up on that. But aint got the lot for a costly setup right now. One lfs has niles and savananhas i think it was savanha that was long and thin like. looked pretty cool. But he wanted alot for it. Hm

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
redtailfool said:
Im partial to bearded dragons because theyre tame, beautiful and you can put them on your shoulder like a parrot.
ow thats cool ima definitly check them out alittle more
what about watter dragons how are they?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
WckedMidas said:
ow thats cool ima definitly check them out alittle more
what about watter dragons how are they?
Dont know much water dragons. but def check out Beardies.. they have nice colors too.. orangey.. etc etc... gets to about a foot or 2 and very tame.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store