Thanks for the info ceneker. iguanas are the oscars of the reptile world IMO
everybody has one.
yeah good point.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Everybody says how tame beardies are but i have one that is agressive and i know another person that is VERY agressive. I went over there this one time and he struck at me through the glass. Mine is not quite that agressive he just puffs up alot when you try to touch him. I really hope he calms as he gets bigger because he is only 10.5" right now. Good luck

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
i agree with rayman45, a redtail boa is one of the best snakes for beginners, they r very docile and easy to care for. i personally feel that they bearded dragon is the best lizard available. they r also easy to care for and have a great personallity, one of the nicest of all lizards. ( a ball python wouldnt be bad either)

rattlermike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
sandy,utah
look into frilled dragons i have had my male for a few years now and it is one of the best lizards i have had in years godd personality and just a little different then what every one else has also blue toung skinks are great they get a little bigger then a bearded dragon but they are just as friendly

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
I agree 100% At the begining of my "herp keeping" I got a chinese water dragon. It was so hard to keep the humidity up. Then i had a golden gecko and crested gecko, once again very hard to keep the humidity up. Now I have my beardie which is extremly easy to keep. The only thing you have to worry about is food and water everyday.

prm

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
the lfs
i have a baby bearded and a crested gecko i like my gecko more better personality i think

have you thought about dwarf monitors like storres etc.

Chris@TSE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
New York
topshelfexotic.com
Bearded Dragon or a Leopard Gecko for a first pet reptile, for sure!

Leopard geckos are a bit more visually appealing.... Beardies more "personable"

Good luck! :)

inline4

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
i once had a green anole, i put it on a rose bush to bask in the sun and it ran away.
then i had a green iguana, i put it in the backyard with a reptile leash to bask in the sun and it too ran away.
then i had a pacman frog, most awesome frog ever. it got big, and i sold it to the lps.
one day I want to try a big monitor lizard, but dang if it runs away someone will get a fright.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store