Puffer Question

clare

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2005
Grimsby, England
Mbu puffer is 26" check my gallery for picture,and when he fans his tail it is over a foot deep.Having said that he is a social mbu,some are killing machines some are happy with company.His best mate is a channa marulioides and hes also in with a longibarbis 24" and two giraffe cats one 20" one 24".One from the same batch as him belonged to someone we know and it killed an 18" gibiceps imediately it was put in his tank.Benzjamin13,post which puffer your wanting and we will give specific advice.One misconception is that all puffers need some salt,many are freshwater only.

clare

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2005
Grimsby, England
tank is 9ftx3ft6insx2ft and is on a 4" thick steel stand with an 8ftx3ft6insx2ft tank below.Yes,just over 4 ton in weight.

flowerfan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
wow! you have a big ass tank. My you may try to find some tankmate for him, he seem look alittle bore.

clare

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2005
Grimsby, England
Check further up post 21,you will see what hes in with,his best mate is a channa marulioides.

SHER4692

Feeder Fish
Feb 24, 2006
BEAUMONT , TEXAS
I have a green spotted puffer fish and it is about 2 inches long , it also has taken round bite size chunks of topefins and tails off 2 red tiger oscar babies 3 inch and 4 in
the puffer is 2 inch, it ate all the 20 ghost shrimp i put in there including the big pregnant ones , I feed it frozen ( thawed krill and blood worms & brine shrimp and diced rosey red minnows ( i freeze them and dice them up myself) she ~he~ it loves them since i read they like fish scales fins tails & errr uh FISH<, but ate all the baby snails already , is there any fish food like frozen baby snails or crustaions for its teeth upkeep?Speaking of snails i have 4 mysterty snails in there they play dead while the lights are on , and boogy fast when i turn them out , is this because they know there is a predator that will grow up and eat them or do they not like the lights?
sher4692

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store