Yangtze Albino

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
maybe 42-45 inches... will get a feed video in a week or so.
Aye! Appreciate the post on this guy Vince. By far the largest one we’ve seen so far in captivity. Still pretty slender and manageable tho at this size.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Reactions: Fishman Dave

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
My God, will you guys stop?!?!?!?

Russ, I was sort of able to convince myself that an albino meridionalis was not what I wanted, mainly because you compared it unfavourably to your old glanis...but now you show me the dang thing looking like a million bucks. I don't have a 650, just a 360, but still big enough for that fish. Naturally, I have never seen one available up here in the Arctic...

Now you mention lithophilus, which I had never heard of but now I look it up and it is irresistible as well...although, again, I'll never find one...

And surfermike915 surfermike915 keeps taunting me with that cool little wild-form meridionalis...

And all the while, my wife in the background, whispering "Goldfish...goldfish...goldfish..."

I'm too old for this kind of stress...:)

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022

Russ, I was sort of able to convince myself that an albino meridionalis was not what I wanted, mainly because you compared it unfavourably to your old glanis...but now you show me the dang thing looking like a million bucks. I don't have a 650, just a 360, but still big enough for that fish. Naturally, I have never seen one available up here in the Arctic...

Now you mention lithophilus, which I had never heard of but now I look it up and it is irresistible as well...although, again, I'll never find one...

And surfermike915 surfermike915 keeps taunting me with that cool little wild-form meridionalis...

And all the while, my wife in the background, whispering "Goldfish...goldfish...goldfish..."

Don’t worry mate😂, I’m tainted by other fish all the time. I’m just lucky I’ve had this guy and been able to grow him to some sort of size. He’s just over 13”.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Don’t worry mate😂, I’m tainted by other fish all the time. I’m just lucky I’ve had this guy and been able to grow him to some sort of size. He’s just over 13”.
And that helps me...how, exactly? :)

Seriously, I didn't realize he was that big; hard to tell from the pics. Very cool fish. :)

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south

Ahhh just give in already haha… You can blame Vince for coming outta the woodwork with an update on the big guy lol… Wes has a new batch right now and im pretty sure he ships to canada. From my understanding its easier to receive fish from the US than it is to get them from canada. Not sure how all that works tho. Ompok cats are fairly close for looks and only get around 12”. Used to be pretty common in the trade. Wont take up much space either.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I've seen Wes' name a zillion times here on MFK; don't know what his company is even called, just "Wes this..." and "Wes that..." I somehow doubt that it is "Wes Fish Importers". :)

And I'm not sure why you think I am somehow resisting by some supreme effort of will, and should just give in and buy the fish. :) Jeez, I've ordered a fair number of items from the U.S. (not live fish) and sometimes it goes well...and other times Canada Border Services treats me like I am trying to buy weapons-grade plutonium. I currently have a small knife in Customs Prison while they "review" it and decide whether or not such a deadly implement...it has a three-inch blade!...can be entrusted to a mere mortal like me.

At the moment, I would snap up an albino meriodionalis in a heartbeat if it were offered by one of the few Canuck online sellers....or at least I think I would; don't have any idea what they cost. I'm cheap when it comes to buying stuff that I could have built myself, but I've never successfully built a live fish. :)

Gotta check with our Canadian Lizard Overlords about the legality of this. What's Wes' company called?

By the way, I had an Ompok for several years a long time ago; I liked it. It's one of the things making me want this new one. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store