Building My 15,000 Gallon Mini Mega Tank

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Simply amazing, I take it there is alot of maintance on that tank.
Actually very little maintenance on this tank. Water changes 4,000 gallons a week. Lots of plecos keep the tank clean. Run the filter after large feedings and thats it.

chris666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2006
england
In this project, I designed and built a second mini mega tank in my main fish room in my basement. It is a lot smaller but I like it very much. My mini mega tank is also L shaped. The long part of the L is 28 feet, the short part 18 feet. the front to back of the long part is 6 feet for the first six feet then widens to 10 feet, The front to back of the short part of the L is 10 feet, The tank water height is about 6 feet. It holds around 15,000 gallons.

Please note that none of this article or pictures can be reproduced or used in any article or story without my verbal and written permission.
you go for it my son that is one ****ing big tank (thumbsup)

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Dude; let me know when I can stop by. I would love to spend a day at your place. Shoot the S41t & get some ideas.

I am looking to build an aviary with a pond & stream, with a viewing window. I like the way you think.

:mwave:

:cheers:

RickPit7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
california
Those tanks are really neat! What kind of plastic or sealant did you use to water tight the concrete? How thick did you have to go with the glass on the 15k? or 50k?

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Those tanks are really neat! What kind of plastic or sealant did you use to water tight the concrete? How thick did you have to go with the glass on the 15k? or 50k?

I used GE 1200 silicone and never had a problem in 12/10 years. 3/4 inch on the 15k and 1inch on the 50k. Again never a problem.:thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store