Aqueon (All Glass) Tank Pricing? - 125, 150, 180, 210

NightStorm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long Island, NY
Looking to upgrade to a bigger tank in the near future. Want to go with one of the Aqueon tanks mentioned above. Black trim.

If any of you bought the aforementioned sized tanks NEW, would you please tell me how much you paid for it? I would like to get a general consensus.

So far I've only checked with one local retailer and their pricing (for just the tank) is as follows.....

125 - $280
150 - $500
180 - $600
210 - $700

The used tanks I've seen on Craigslist just don't cut it for me. Either they're beat or have insane prices.

Thanks.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I paid $830 for my 210 a few months ago, but it has the built in "Megaflow" overflows. I'm not sure how much less it would've been for an undrilled tank.

NightStorm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dan, thanks for the reply.

cobra29svt, thank you. I'll keep an eye on their site. If some crazy deal comes up I'll jump on it. Thanks again.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
I paid $440 + $40 extra for custom black silicone brand new from Big Al's in the fall of 2008 for the 150g size. I was at the LFS the other day and the price on the 150g is up to $480 regular price (Canadian Dollars).

you can see my build thread in my sig. for pics of the tank. the pics of it new and empty are around page 8 and 9 or so I think.

Aqueon makes great tanks.

notice the price increase from the 125 relative to the others. the glass size goes up to 1/2" for the 150 and up so thats why its much more expensive (and much heavier too)

NightStorm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long Island, NY
12 Volt Man, thanks. I will peruse your build thread.

Is the black silicone option available only with certain dealers? I asked a local dealer about that option and he said he didn't know anything about that option being available.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
Aqueon will make a tank with black silicone no problem (they use black silicone on all their bowfront tanks, just not their rectangular tanks). but there is a small extra charge.

but your LFS has to contact Aqueon and tell them directly that you want a tank specially made with black silicone. get them to ship it to the LFS and away you go. thats what I did.

here is what my 150g looked like empty (I am at home now so I can post pics)

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
true, but I don't blame the poster for not wanting to buy used when dealing with large tanks. I wasn't interested in used either (not just because I wanted custom black silicone). when dealing with big tanks, you want the minimum risk of leak/failure possible, and the lowest risk is with brand new, not used, aquariums.

another added bonus about ordering a tank with black silicone is that you are getting a tank made to order.

if you buy one sitting there at the LFS, you don't know how long its been sitting there. it might have sat dry for over a year. you never really know. at least with anything custom, you know exactly what you are getting.

I am not saying we all should be paranoid, but the reality is that the extra cost of buying new when amortized over the 20 year lifespan of the aquarium is really not much at all. its well worth it IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store