Aqueon (All Glass) Tank Pricing? - 125, 150, 180, 210

cobra29svt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Richmond, Va
BichirAddict;4604049; said:
Wow for a 180 at the that website it's like over $800. I just got a quote for a 180 at lfs its $708 so that's what I'm saving for 2 weeks and, I'll be ordering it.:D:headbang2
They had all of their 6ft tanks on sale about 2 weeks ago. The 180 was either $500 or $600.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
aclockworkorange;4604310; said:
I seriously disagree with this statement. Aqueon makes crappy tanks, the trim is cheap plastic, the braces are flimsy as hell, and the silicone is not that great.
And yes, I currently own one I just bought new.

are you sure you don't have a Marineland (aka Perfecto) tank?

their glass is thinner across the board than Aqueon's and their braces sag even when the tank is empty. the braces Aqueon uses on their large tanks are thick and solid.

I compared both Aqueon's and Marineland's 150g prior to buying mine, and the difference in build is surprising. Only one brace on the marineland version, thinner glass and thinner silicone.

Now, the Marineland 'deep dimension' series of tanks are very well built but they are super expensive.

but thier normal large stock tanks leave something to be desired relative to Aqueon and Oceanic IMO.

if you are talking about both brands smaller tanks, then yes, I agree I think both brands have crappy bracing etc. for tanks under 40g or so.

but for the large ones, Aqueon/Oceanic are better built than Marineland ones. you can see right away just by looking.

irishfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
New England
IS the best way to get a new Aqueon and pricing to go to one of their distributor LFS's?
Just curious, thanks, good thread

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
aclockworkorange;4605158; said:
Considering I work in a huge fish store that sells 5 different brands of tanks, yes I know what brand is what. ;)

I used to as well :)

I worked at big al's for several years through school.

we agree to disagree :)

but if anyone has doubts as to the build quality of Aqueon, my build thread is proof of their quality, at least in terms of a large tank (unless my tank is busted all over the floor when I get home tonight LOL):WHOA:

if anyone wants closeup pics of the seams/glass/braces etc, feel free to send me a PM.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
aclockworkorange;4604320; said:
What MFKer buys a new tank over 55 gallons?
Im with 12 Volt Man! I bought my 120g new. I also wanted the black silicone and peace of mind.

The main reason however was: I needed a 60x18 footprint and none were available on Craigslist for the many months I had been searching. They were all 72" long.

I happened to find my tank at Petsmart of all places, it was a Perfecto/MarineLand tank priced quite well in fact.

aclockworkorange

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Meh. Too many tanks. Just bought a used 8 foot long 225g with tank, stand, Rena xp4, Quad PC fixture, mag pump for $300. Whaddaya think that would have cost me new? :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store