Hikari vs. NLS

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Hikari isn't banned in Canada ?
Hikari ran into some import problems back in 2009 when the CFIA implemented some new import regulations involving pet food. As far as I know those issues were later resolved. Having said that some distributors/importers as well as retail outlets did in fact drop Hikari due to the issues they had attempting to bring it across the border.

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
^+1 :D

great info. I read all 37 pages lol. I am going to try NLS. I don't understand why people are hating on RD. He's just giving facts. Good color alone doesn't mean that the fish is healthy. What would the best pellet formula and size be for Sajica, Firemouth and Salvini?

aclockworkorange

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
^+1 :D

great info. I read all 37 pages lol. I am going to try NLS. I don't understand why people are hating on RD. He's just giving facts. Good color alone doesn't mean that the fish is healthy. What would the best pellet formula and size be for Sajica, Firemouth and Salvini?
IMO, any of the 1mm sized pellets, Cichlid formula is a little lower in fat and protein, Thera is higher, community formula is in the middle.

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Hikari ran into some import problems back in 2009 when the CFIA implemented some new import regulations involving pet food. As far as I know those issues were later resolved. Having said that some distributors/importers as well as retail outlets did in fact drop Hikari due to the issues they had attempting to bring it across the border.
It was processed in the same plants and factories that processed Opium.

aclockworkorange

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I use Hikari. My fish absolutly love it.
:ROFL:
Did you even read the thread? No one ever claimed fish don't seem to like to eat hikari. It's about the actual nutrition behind the food, or should I say in the food?

Yes RD., it's a very good read, but I meant it should be closed because there is really nothing that can be added to it that warrants more discussion IMO. 370 posts is enough. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store