600 gallon ca cichlid tank

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
really like the red islestes too, he's getting chunky and his hump has grown a little since i got him, he doesn't roam the tank like the other amphilophus but sticks to his territory, kind of cool

little male trimac about 3.5" he's pretty mean for his size moreso than any of the other amphilophus

little male grammodes is a beauty 3.5" already has a little hump going, he explores the entire tank always on the move, reminds me of a mbuna :D

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
the carpintis vontehillo colors just amaze me every day, i used to have a texas cichlid back in the day (15 years ago) and i don't remember his colors being so bright, granted filteration & lighting have come a long ways :D apparently my photography skills haven't kept up with the times :(

ok i think i've overloaded this thread with pictures for the week lol

white15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2011
Highland Park, IL
The fish are stunning and I love what you did with the rocks.

pckts

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
long beach Cali
Hopefully that grammode does not get eaten. They grow so slow, all your other fish are going to out grow him quickly. If you can keep him safe, he will def be a great looking addition to your tank. Grammodes are mean SOB's though, ill be surprised if you can keep him in your tank without any problems. GL ... Your tank looks great.

Madness

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2010
Puyallup, WA
Hopefully that grammode does not get eaten. They grow so slow, all your other fish are going to out grow him quickly. If you can keep him safe, he will def be a great looking addition to your tank. Grammodes are mean SOB's though, ill be surprised if you can keep him in your tank without any problems. GL ... Your tank looks great.
You should be fine. I have a 3 incher in my big boy tank and she is doing great. My male was 5" when he went in, and is now pushing 9". He is way down in the pecking order, and is actually quite peaceful and is turning out to be a perfect community addition. I feel that they get a bad rap. But then again I have Devils in there also and they have a bad rep also.

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Dream Tank right there. Your set up is dope!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store