4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
This was a thread about a big tank, that turned into a thread about marriage and a baby. There should have been new threads started for the later two.

Someone needs to slap a huge epic fail on this thread, and close it.

Cablemonkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2011
Everton, MO
Its clear that you do not understand how much a tank of this size affects a persons life, not just their wallet! The only epic fail here is your failure to understand that many mfk'ers have families and can relate or understand this thread and gives them motivation to give all the more support for such a huge tank build.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
Its clear that you do not understand how much a tank of this size affects a persons life, not just their wallet! The only epic fail here is your failure to understand that many mfk'ers have families and can relate or understand this thread and gives them motivation to give all the more support for such a huge tank build.
Well said

Sent from work

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
+1 the person who clearly doesn't understand is probably still in high-school and has no reality on how things in real world work!

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
I completely understand how there are people in this world who start projects, and never finish them. This thread is a prime example of that. High school? Not quite. I know how to prioritize my life, and finish things that I start. Something Pete does not know how to do. He keeps saying that life gets in the way of this tank. That's a cop out if I have ever heard one. He should do himself a favor and tear it down, and move onto another project he won't finish. Don't post on a forum if you can't take criticism.

Here is a example of him not finishing other things. I bet this hole is a eye sore...

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...-Have-Enough-Projects-Pond-Construction/page2

Cablemonkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2011
Everton, MO
mmm... you do not embrace the spirit of these forums, constructive criticism is one thing and people can understand and often appreciate that but targeting someone because you are 1. jealous that you cant even get this far yourself or 2. you are just an obnoxious douche who prioritizes putting people down to bring yourself up is not the way to behave. If you truly do prioritize things in your life the way you say then you should never visit this thread/forum again because it should be at the bottom of your priority list... that is supposing you do as you say, but if you are one of the two options I pointed out, you will respond and by self incrimination, prove my point. Thank you for your, though short sited, opinion and please don't take offense if I say I hope to never see you again! Good day.

Judon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2010
San Diego, CA.
"how to prioritize my life, and finish things that I start. Something Pete does not know how to do. He keeps saying that life gets in the way of this tank. That's a cop out if I have ever heard one."

I've been a away for a while...But, I have to agree with fishbum.... This is a hobby site so the level of efficacy and functioning of the participants is going to be wildly divergent. Priority setting, (viable) project estimation/planning, AND EXECUTION are skills that are hard learned... and generally have to be specifically sought out and learned.

Drawing up plans for a billion gallon tank and running the numbers on psi ratings on the walls and the viewing portals and how to filter this enormous amount of water and blah blah bla... that's the fun stuff to most of us... that's something we enjoy. Putting on the accountants hat and figuring out how much tank you can actually afford to build and how much you can maintain and putting together a realistic timeline to do the build in..that's not nearly as fun. But it's obviously every bit as important.

I've known people who lived in houses that they were building and they lived in them with bare boards showing for 10+ years... This is one of those things... It's ok if that's what Pete and his wife want. When he does work on it he does it well and gets stuff done. Again, this is Pete's home and his project.

That said, maybe fishbum's post will help Pete in some way. Maybe Pete will see something about himself that needs to be worked on. Maybe he'll take it as a critique that can be used to improve himself and his functioning instead of a critisism and judging of who he is as a person. Maybe. I hope so. That's TWO major projects started within the same window of time and neither was able to reach a conclusion. I don't think fishbum has said anything that Pete hasn't already said to himself.

Pete opened a window into his life, his mind, and his person by documenting all this progress for us. By our comments on this thread we are indeed commenting on a reflection of Pete's soul. With the exception of a few disinterested trolls, everyone here wants that reflection to be the best it can be and we only hope that Pete shows us how great it can be.

It will be easy to take fishbums (and possibly my) post and react defensivly. I hope that Pete doesn't do that.

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
I tend to agree with both sides, hell most of us have kids, wives, friends, full time jobs etc...etc... but still manage to complete our projects. I think all in all we are rooting for Pete to get it done as it will be a truly remarkable tank when it's done but the key word is "when"! Come on Pete we know you can do it, just DO it!!!!!

A wife and children will, in most cases cause husbands and fathers to do the following:

1. Stop going out with the boys.
2. Stop playing most recreational organized sports.
3. Stop or delay major hobby projects or expenditures, especially those having to do with automobiles.

Its just the laws of getting married and having children.

Sacrifice. its all about sacrifice.

I learned to change my goals with respect to my hobbies in order to have a family. You can't fault a man for that.

It's just the way she goes.

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
A wife and children will, in most cases cause husbands and fathers to do the following:

1. Stop going out with the boys.
2. Stop playing most recreational organized sports.
3. Stop or delay major hobby projects or expenditures, especially those having to do with automobiles.

Its just the laws of getting married and having children.

Sacrifice. its all about sacrifice.

I learned to change my goals with respect to my hobbies in order to have a family. You can't fault a man for that.

It's just the way she goes.
As usual, I agree with Mr. Cash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store