4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seraph

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2009
Glen Ellyn, IL
Hey pete! It's been a while! Congrats on your latest build, what a blessing! Get as much sleep as you can and pass on your passion to him! I am expecting the two of you to create some epic builds when he grows up!!!

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
mmm... you do not embrace the spirit of these forums, constructive criticism is one thing and people can understand and often appreciate that but targeting someone because you are 1. jealous that you cant even get this far yourself or 2. you are just an obnoxious douche who prioritizes putting people down to bring yourself up is not the way to behave. If you truly do prioritize things in your life the way you say then you should never visit this thread/forum again because it should be at the bottom of your priority list... that is supposing you do as you say, but if you are one of the two options I pointed out, you will respond and by self incrimination, prove my point. Thank you for your, though short sited, opinion and please don't take offense if I say I hope to never see you again! Good day.
That's funny. Thanks for the laugh...

galabar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Given the problems up to this point with the tank and the builder's new focus (who can blame him), is it time to put this tank and this thread to rest? I'm sure lots of folks would volunteer to help remove the debris and patch up the wall.

Maybe its time to admit that there may be an intractable problem with the tank and its design (or execution). If I were the original poster, I would focus on the new family and get this anchor out of my life.

Do you really want a hole in your wall until after your child graduates from college?

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
Pete keep up your spirits I knowyou will finish this. Life changes and therefore changes what is most important at the time.I have a couple projects that I want to complete but I have a wedding to plan and get through first.I still intend to finish them but they are not top priority like they where when I was single. Life comes first and people complaining only makes the thread longer (so does people supporting it lol) I will wait for your progress in life and the tank

Sent from my SGH-T989D using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I just read through this entire build and have to say that I am impressed. Impressed that you undertook such a huge project, and impressed that you have stuck with it despite all the setbacks and naysayers that keep saying to throw in the towel. You've only got a foot left to fill, lets see this thing finished.

Tiwaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I truly don't understand the attitude that some people display.
Pete doesn't owe anybody here anything.
I personally like DIY threads that I can't follow as it happens, rough patches and all. If people only posted their success stories what would we learn?, how would we innovate? If Pete finishes the build and shares it with us all the better. If he rips it out fine but if he finishes it and doesn't share it wouldn't that be a loss to us? I have to ask the people telling him to give up , admit defeat etc have you built a big tank? any tank? started your own DIY build thread? ever had a project go sideways? If not then why try and rain on his parade? Because if you had I don't think that you would say anything beside keep your chin up figure it out and finish it.

Rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store