4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
To fishbum, galabar, etc. Your life must have so little meaning that you have to write such posts on a forum to tear down someone else's project, life, etc.

The funny thing is, I still have a 4300 gallon tank in my house that I can finish. What do you have?

I venture to say nothing of merit, otherwise you'd be busy posting on your own thread instead of trying to get attention on mine.

If you think meeting my wife, dating her, getting married, and the birth of my son don't trump a hobby, then your priorities are in the wrong place.

What is your obsession will wanting me to close this thread and give up? Does it bother you that much that someone has the balls to start something of this magnitude and not give up at the first sign of things not going right or the 1000th?

I have an easy solution for you. Don't read my thread. Don't post on my thread. Don't concern yourself with my thread. Start your own thread.

The one thing you'll find from me is that if you do actually grow a pair and start your own build, I'll be there to support you and help in any way I can.

To all those who have and continue to support and encourage me, THANKS!!!

BTW, ever notice that the naysayers have NEVER done any kind of build of their own? Every single person who has done their own build, has been nothing but supportive.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

AngryCichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2011
Sacramento, California
To fishbum, galabar, etc. Your life must have so little meaning that you have to write such posts on a forum to tear down someone else's project, life, etc.

The funny thing is, I still have a 4300 gallon tank in my house that I can finish. What do you have?

I venture to say nothing of merit, otherwise you'd be busy posting on your own thread instead of trying to get attention on mine.

If you think meeting my wife, dating her, getting married, and the birth of my son don't trump a hobby, then your priorities are in the wrong place.

What is your obsession will wanting me to close this thread and give up? Does it bother you that much that someone has the balls to start something of this magnitude and not give up at the first sign of things not going right or the 1000th?

I have an easy solution for you. Don't read my thread. Don't post on my thread. Don't concern yourself with my thread. Start your own thread.

The one thing you'll find from me is that if you do actually grow a pair and start your own build, I'll be there to support you and help in any way I can.

BTW, ever notice that the naysayers have NEVER done any kind of build of their own? Every single person who has done their own build, has been nothing but supportive.
Ive Had run ins with fishbum also. He never stops and is as stubborn as a mule. Dont bother.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FuNkSty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Dubai
Fishbum - Nobody s forcing you to read this thread. The End.

Pete - Ignore the naysayers. It's your house and your life, do as you please and we are just all along for the ride!

redtop03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2012
Barbourville,Ky.

ignore the naysayer and keep on keeping on,some people can't grasp the magnitude of a project this size,my tank is only 360 gallons,it was a major task building it,your tank is more than 10 times the size of mine and I assume about 100 times more work....not to have a issue in a tank that size would surprise me but you'll fix it,I'm confident of that....I'm sorry to inform you though,that ain't no large aquarium,that is a small lake LOL

I made it to page 23 reading and decided to wait for the movie to come out......I was curious about the walls,did you notice any bowing whatsoever while it was full ? I'm guessing not,they look plenty strong enough,love the way you interlocked the corners...good luck finding and fixing the leak

blacktarotannis

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Deltona, Fl
www.youtube.com
Go Pete go!!!! I still have faith in your build. I am eager for it to be done so one day I may have something of this size. Enjoy your baby they grow fast. That tank isn't going anywhere. Those who wish you well won't go anywhere also.
I'm working on my 285 so I know it takes time. We stand behind you!

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica

I actually have so much going on in my life I barley have time to frequent this forum anymore.

You have a bunch of wood in your house that leaks, that's not a tank.

I am not trying to get any attention. Just pointing out the failures you partake in and post them on a forum. Don't post if you don't want to take some criticism. How's the pond? Hows the tank you were making out of other tanks?

This tank was not even close to being done, and had tons of problems before you even met your wife. I've followed the thread..

I have no obsession with you what so ever. I am just calling this as I see it. A failure. Nothing wrong with failing as long as you learn from it.

I have a even easier solution for you. Stop posting if you can't take criticism. You do not take criticism well. This post proves it, as well as several of your posts on AC.

What is it with you and the phrase "growing a pair"? Is that what you thinks makes you a man? Building a tank? Anyway. I did not ask you for any help in building a tank because as far as I can tell, you don't know what you are doing.

So, because I have not felt the need to post a build, means I have not done it? Interesting theory. Maybe I just don't feel the need to have people pat me on the back for building a tank by posting it for the world to see. Don't be making assumptions on things you know nothing about.

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
Fishbum - Nobody s forcing you to read this thread. The End.

Pete - Ignore the naysayers. It's your house and your life, do as you please and we are just all along for the ride!
No one is forcing me not to either. I choose to, and I choose to make comments as I see how things are going. If you don't like what I have to say, take your own adivce, and don't read it. The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store