Oddball's Oddballs (Updated:3-28-15)

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Made it to the new house mostly intact. Suffered a loss by losing my 3ft albino Protopterus aethiopicus. No idea why. His bin water was circulating, venturis were bubbling, and the temp was still 80F. The jostling of the drive may have stressed him to the point of not surfacing for air. Man, I hate losing him. Got him from Wes back in 2004.

The tanks are temporarily crowding us nearly out of the house. The foundation is currently being formed for pouring in the concrete next week. Once it's cured the 24ft x 32ft fish building is ready for construction. Once it's insulated, has utilities in place, and gets the climate control installed, we'll move the fish over. We're going to leave room for an upcoming 17ft x 8ft x 4ft glass front FG tank going in. But, that tank may have to wait for next spring since I just had to pour a bunch of $ into restoring our 22k gallon in-ground pool. If the last house sells quickly, then the tank may come sooner.

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
Made it to the new house mostly intact. Suffered a loss by losing my 3ft albino Protopterus aethiopicus. No idea why. His bin water was circulating, venturis were bubbling, and the temp was still 80F. The jostling of the drive may have stressed him to the point of not surfacing for air. Man, I hate losing him. Got him from Wes back in 2004.

The tanks are temporarily crowding us nearly out of the house. The foundation is currently being formed for pouring in the concrete next week. Once it's cured the 24ft x 32ft fish building is ready for construction. Once it's insulated, has utilities in place, and gets the climate control installed, we'll move the fish over. We're going to leave room for an upcoming 17ft x 8ft x 4ft glass front FG tank going in. But, that tank may have to wait for next spring since I just had to pour a bunch of $ into restoring our 22k gallon in-ground pool. If the last house sells quickly, then the tank may come sooner.
Man I'm so sorry to hear that oddball
Hope your doing good I hate loosing fish I love as well it's heartbreaking

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Hey there,
I'm really sorry to hear about your beautiful lungfish - I wish you luck on the continued process of getting everything all set up - wish I could offer to help (distance-wise prohibitive.) Keep us updated!

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
SOunds like an awesome new house! Sorry for the loss. Moving is hard on us people as well as our pets.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
SOunds like an awesome new house! Sorry for the loss. Moving is hard on us people as well as our pets.
Agreed,on the house and on moving...A few years back I lost Hawk and Animal,my two albino oscars that I raised from two inchers and had had for about six years....and the move time was under an hour...Here's hoping for for a photo build thread on the fish building.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Congrats on the new place, and I'm sorry for the loss. Moving/transporting fish is the most challenging task.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store