Most Black tip reef shark tank sizes given on MFK are WAY to large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I would suggest starting off with Balantiocheilos melanopterus.
I laughed.

That being said, there are many good 'beginner' sharks in the marine world. Black tip reefs just aren't one of them.

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
Like I said before. Get yourself a nice 55 gallon tank, do a FOWLR system, and just keep a small amount of smaller beginner fish for the first year or two. Then you can progressively move into bigger harder stuff.

This is a hobby that you can't just jump into and master overnight. It takes years of research, dedication, and practice.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kasaki89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
hamilton
Like I said before. Get yourself a nice 55 gallon tank, do a FOWLR system, and just keep a small amount of smaller beginner fish for the first year or two. Then you can progressively move into bigger harder stuff.

This is a hobby that you can't just jump into and master overnight. It takes years of research, dedication, and practice.

badabing bada boom.. been in the hobby for 14 years... im still learning new stuff everyday.
also this beginner shark thing is bull**** . yes there are species that are easier to slightly easier to keep, but even
new born *beginner* bamboo's become mini nurse sharks , its all honesty if he wants a "shark" like species
set up a 55 gallon and get a Columbian shark.

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
badabing bada boom.. been in the hobby for 14 years... im still learning new stuff everyday.
I feel ya lol. I'm going on only my 6th right now.

The way I learned is by screwing everything up the first time and getting it all right the second.
I hardly make mistakes anymore in this hobby because I already made all of them lol

But I don't mean to sound naive. I still screw up here and there, and I'm still learning daily

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
I agree.
If your budget is $8000, there's still plenty of awesome things you can do.

If I were you, I'd go with a 120 and do Colombian sharks, with some medium sized beginner fish.

With that budget, you could have a pretty nice set up. But sharks just aren't in the bill for you, for a few years at least

kasaki89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
hamilton
we learn from trial and error. but jumping into someone we know nothing about is like trying to build Jurassic park-.- and look what happen there.
if i had 8 grand , id set up a wicked reef..

Shark123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
we learn from trial and error. but jumping into someone we know nothing about is like trying to build Jurassic park-.- and look what happen there.
if i had 8 grand , id set up a wicked reef..
Thats a good idea, I just might do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store