My channas

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Those are some great looking setups. Well done.
Wow

Cannot see any asiatica, however
Thanks guys :).

Miguel - They're extremely shy, will try to get some shots of them though :).

Great shot's , that auranti looks like a beast, how big is she now ?
Thanks :). She looks huge probably because 1 third of the tank wasn't captured, its blocked off by the adjacent tank. But she is exactly 36cm, 14.4" :)

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Some photos of my asiatica, this one's for you Miguel :)

Rare appearance of male infront of the camera

Channa asiatica 'red spot' by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

Female

Some photos of Auranti

Ever wondered why the name "golden" cobra? :D

Channa aurantimaculata by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

Channa aurantimaculata by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

Hope you like :D

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Beautyfull!

Asiatica is out of this world beautyful!

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Thanks Miguel, hope you enjoyed it ;).

Sadly, i just discoverfed their tank has a crack on the bottom and is leaking slowly... If i cant patch it, il have to get a new tank and than they will be disturbed...Again.

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Great pic's .My jealousy continues to grow LOL, really love the Red spot, I had all but given up on my search for them and every time you post pics it reminds me of what i'm missing!

Great shot's of the Aurantimaculata fin as well! It's amazing how those fins can be baby blue and black in some light, and then gold and in another, I find it easier to photograph the blues then the reds/golds though.

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Great pic's .My jealousy continues to grow LOL, really love the Red spot, I had all but given up on my search for them and every time you post pics it reminds me of what i'm missing!

Great shot's of the Aurantimaculata fin as well! It's amazing how those fins can be baby blue and black in some light, and then gold and in another, I find it easier to photograph the blues then the reds/golds though.

Thanks :). Im sure a red spot will land at your area in time. They are already being bred, unfortunattely not by me though.

That's the thing i love about Channas, they have different colours in different angles! Really nice!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Seeing your pix and Bottle's, as well as whatever is available netwise, iam convinced that my Fire and Ice is a Sp Red Fin.

Fish is settled and at ease. Eats heartily.

I see no sign of red near the eyes and the tail is only partially red, in the hind fringe.

I do not see bands ( stripes ) on the lateral fins, however, which i think are a Red Fin trait.

Anyways...if it is a sp Red Fin i love it in any case, but I know zilch about them, sk i would like what you guys have to give, please ( and Autanti more oix of yours? )

Is it Gachua complex? Stewartii? To what is it related in your opinion, guys?

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Hi Miguel, sp red fin is a beautiful species, im sure you will love yours.

I treat my red fin as per normal subtroipical channas, cool water with dense vegetation. Slightly acidic water, slow movement of water.

Im not an expert in these kind of things, but i would lean towards C gachua complex :).

I'll snap some shots of her when i get home :)

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Thank You!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store