pentair fiberglass tanks with viewing windows

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I got quoted at $1791.82 for the 600 gallon when I called today..... $1711.82 for the tank and $80 freight that's it.....Im 90% sure I'm going to order this bad boy by Friday

aseldon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
I know there are a few pictures of these tanks setup as aquariums out there but does anyone have some they can post up? Maybe of the "reasonable sizes" haha like the 720 gallon and smaller. I'm trying to sell the wife on the idea but it would help to see how others have their full setups.

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
I got quoted at $1791.82 for the 600 gallon when I called today..... $1711.82 for the tank and $80 freight that's it.....Im 90% sure I'm going to order this bad boy by Friday
We were able to use the 10% off coupon that pops up when you visit their site for the first time. Not sure if they've already applied the discount to your quote or not, but it's something to look into.

victor448

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
florida
No my quote was before the discount but thank you every $ counts lol
The fiberglass tanks with windows are well built with no leaks or other structural issues if they are fully supported on the bottom. The acrylic windows are double panes with a small air space in between to avoid condensation. I spoke to a tech at Pentair who says they have had no issues with the windows. The one downside to the tanks as mentioned earlier is fish that sit on the bottom are difficult to see. This can be remedied with a gravel bed if wanted.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
That was my main concern as about half of my stock will be rays but thanks for the review .... mine will be in my unfinished basement so I thought of just laying cinder blocks down and putting thick plywood on top just to raise it of the ground 8-10 inches for a little height, insulation and bc on a ocasion the basement does get a little bit of water

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I tried placing my order signed in with my account and still can't figure out how to get the code for the discount...... Anyone know how ?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The fiberglass tanks with windows are well built with no leaks or other structural issues if they are fully supported on the bottom. The acrylic windows are double panes with a small air space in between to avoid condensation. I spoke to a tech at Pentair who says they have had no issues with the windows. The one downside to the tanks as mentioned earlier is fish that sit on the bottom are difficult to see. This can be remedied with a gravel bed if wanted.
Thanks for the info.

Double pane? I'd think this is asking for trouble with condensation, bowing, funny optical effects, and other...

I know there are a few pictures of these tanks setup as aquariums out there but does anyone have some they can post up? Maybe of the "reasonable sizes" haha like the 720 gallon and smaller. I'm trying to sell the wife on the idea but it would help to see how others have their full setups.
Unless I am mistaken, 720 gal is the largest size these come in (mass produced). If you mean Dolphin FG or other manufacturers, that's a different matter...?

aseldon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
You are correct, the 720 is the largest windowed one they offer. Hopefully someone can share some additional pictures of their setups for inspiration. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store