not what you want to see when the postman comes to your door

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
I used to be a shipping and warehouse manager for a small electronics distributor and after what I saw from UPS and USPS I'm terrified of shipping fish. About to order for the first time and it's making me very nervous. Every employee just knows that they can point the finger backward in the chain of custody and nobody can prove them wrong, so they just don't care

Chillz23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2016
I used to be a shipping and warehouse manager for a small electronics distributor and after what I saw from UPS and USPS I'm terrified of shipping fish. About to order for the first time and it's making me very nervous. Every employee just knows that they can point the finger backward in the chain of custody and nobody can prove them wrong, so they just don't care
Any decent fish place will have a DOA procedure. Only fish that won't often come with that are rays.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
Any decent fish place will have a DOA procedure. Only fish that won't often come with that are rays.
oh yeah I know they usually have the doa policy, I just think its a bad way for a fish to go, getting tossed around in a small box. I've never kept rays though, do they not have a doa policy because they don't ship well? or because they're too expensive

Chillz23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2016
oh yeah I know they usually have the doa policy, I just think its a bad way for a fish to go, getting tossed around in a small box. I've never kept rays though, do they not have a doa policy because they don't ship well? or because they're too expensive
Doesn't matter whether you buy them or not mate, they will be being shipped regardless of whether it's to you or someone else.

Ray's do not like travel, they do something called the 'curl of death' or something. Friend of mine had 8 arrive the other day at a total loss! lol

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
Doesn't matter whether you buy them or not mate, they will be being shipped regardless of whether it's to you or someone else.
yeah I know that, and I know most arrive totally healthy. And I know that fish from LFS experience their own bad treatment, and I'm going to be getting my first fish shipped soon, it just worries me a little for some reason

Chillz23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2016
yeah I know that, and I know most arrive totally healthy. And I know that fish from LFS experience their own bad treatment, and I'm going to be getting my first fish shipped soon, it just worries me a little for some reason
Definitely more important things to stress over in life, mate!

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
I lost the third fish, as expected. The others all seem to be doing pretty good. Some are more active than others, but I'm hopeful that all nine are going to make it. If they all make it to adulthood, that actually won't be a bad ratio all things considered.

I just think its a bad way for a fish to go, getting tossed around in a small box.
This is how I feel as well. It upset me that three of my fish had to go that way. My kids wanted to give them a burial, so we took them out back, dug a little hole, and gave them back the the earth.

I'm crap at taking aquarium photos, but here is a pic where you can see a couple of the little guys (or gals) exploring their new scenery.

DSCF1293.JPG

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I lost the third fish, as expected. The others all seem to be doing pretty good. Some are more active than others, but I'm hopeful that all nine are going to make it. If they all make it to adulthood, that actually won't be a bad ratio all things considered.

This is how I feel as well. It upset me that three of my fish had to go that way. My kids wanted to give them a burial, so we took them out back, dug a little hole, and gave them back the the earth.

I'm crap at taking aquarium photos, but here is a pic where you can see a couple of the little guys (or gals) exploring their new scenery.

View attachment 1192709
I just saw the second one... Hiding in the back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store