not what you want to see when the postman comes to your door

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Have you heard back from the seller and what did you say to the driver? Did you have to sign off on the delivery?
It was USPS. I had to sign, but he scanned it as damaged. I asked the seller to get a shipping refund, waiting to hear back. Ideally, the seller would use the refund to ship me a few replacement fish (with a different carrier this time).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looks like someone kicked the box around a little.Having fish delivered is always a worrisome process to me which is one of the reasons why I do it less and less.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Adam, after chatting with you for some time about these fish before you even ordered them,I can imagine how you must be feeling.
I think the seller will compensate in some way.
Let's hope the ones remaining pull through.
They are a beautiful thorichthys species and I know through past conversations that you have researched them well.
They stand as much chance of bouncing back in your care as anyone's.
You still have a good number of them and they will probably spawn for you by next summer.
I look forward to seeing them grow into healthy enviable specimens.
Good luck and sorry for the losses.

Reactions: adamsfishes

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That guy definitely needs a boot to his butt.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Adam, after chatting with you for some time about these fish before you even ordered them,I can imagine how you must be feeling.
I think the seller will compensate in some way.
Let's hope the ones remaining pull through.
They are a beautiful thorichthys species and I know through past conversations that you have researched them well.
They stand as much chance of bouncing back in your care as anyone's.
You still have a good number of them and they will probably spawn for you by next summer.
I look forward to seeing them grow into healthy enviable specimens.
Good luck and sorry for the losses.
Thanks, Darren. I'm actually starting to feel better about the situation. It looks like I got nine good fish. The tenth is still alive but laying on its side. I think it's just a matter of time.

They are pretty active and are gobbling up 1mm NLS Hex Shield pellets. That's a great sign.

However, they are still very skittish (rightfully so), and don't like to hear sudden noises.

Gotta run again but will post pics later. I'll start a growout thread and leave this one to the shipping situation.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Looks like someone kicked the box around a little.Having fish delivered is always a worrisome process to me which is one of the reasons why I do it less and less.
Yeah, it was definitely kicked or stomped. The one corner is completely smashed. It would take "blunt force trauma" to do that to a box.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
I've actually had pretty good luck with USPS. I hope you get some replacement fish
Me too. But it only takes one bad egg.

I'm wondering if someone was angry about the gun violence situation that's going on down there in Texas and decided to take it out on some boxes. Who knows.

Reactions: Angelphish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store