75 semi aggressive tank stock ideas??

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
I'll be picking up a standard 75 gallon tank stand and lid this weekend and I want to do more aggressive fish, I have a 55 community so now it's time to do the opposite. I really want a senegal bichir but I'm not sure what else could go with it? I also was thinking about sharks such as bala and red tail but will bichir eat them? I'm not a big chichlid guy so That rules those out. Tiger barbs also came to mind but maybe to small so are there any other barbs I could have that get bigger? I really like peacock bass but they would out grow a 75 eventually. Any suggestions would be really appreciated :)

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
a Senegal isn't going to be an issue for any but the smallest fish (rummynoses, neons etc etc).

I'd personally do tiger barbs or exodons

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
Could I get senegal bichir, needle nose gar, bala and red tail sharks with some catfish?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Could I get senegal bichir, needle nose gar, bala and red tail sharks with some catfish?
sen poly, needlenose yes-bala and red tail can both be aggressive and eventually get large so I wouldn't get them.

catfish maybe a spotted or striped rapheal but you'll never see them lol.

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
I have a baby raphael in my 55 I can move him in when he's full grown, maybe an oscar?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I have a baby raphael in my 55 I can move him in when he's full grown, maybe an oscar?
Oscars in a 75 is a no go for me. That's widely considered the bare minimum tank size for one but personally I don't think they fit in a 75, plus in that tight of a space aggression may become an issue and that needlenose and poly may end up a snack.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
Hmm not to many options lol I like a lot of variety, maybe eels? Tire track or zig zag eels? Gourami? And like 20 tiger barbs? Gar isn't a big deal for me but bichir is the main thing I want

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Hmm not to many options lol I like a lot of variety, maybe eels? Tire track or zig zag eels? Gourami? And like 20 tiger barbs? Gar isn't a big deal for me but bichir is the main thing I want
zig zag eels sure, tyretrack eels can get in excess of 30 inches lol. The small zigzag eels like peacocks etc etc SHOULD be ok with a poly, my senegals never bothered anything in the tank, but I can't guarantee the smaller eel wouldn't get attacked. Get one that's larger and you should be fine.

smaller gouramis would be ok I'd imagine with the tiger barbs, but you'll have to watch for fin nipping form the barbs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store