Question about my oscar

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
As long as you don't put it directly onto any animals it should be okay. I always get a cup of tank water add salt stir well then pour back and forth across the tank.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Salt and raising the temperature works well.
If you're worried about any scale less fish I have use Ruby Reefs kick-ich . It works well I have used it with clown loaches without any problems.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Raising the temperature speeds up the ichs life cycle and clears the outbreak faster. With higher temperatures you must make sure the O2 stays up. So you will want to add some extra areation.

Bicherman

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 22, 2017
New Jersey
Raising the temperature speeds up the ichs life cycle and clears the outbreak faster. With higher temperatures you must make sure the O2 stays up. So you will want to add some extra areation.
I have a power head in the tank disrupting the surface, should that suffice?

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Yeah fresh water changes. Will eventually take care of it

Bicherman

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 22, 2017
New Jersey
Update: tempature is up to about 86 degrees and what I believe to be the required salt content is in the tank. All the fish seem to be doing okay with those parameters. Came down today and the ich has fallen off Groucho "the oscar" so it's now in the stage where it can be killed. Hopefully the salt and heat will do it's job and rid of the ich. How long should I now wait until it's safe to turn the temperature down and start getting rid of the salt?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store