Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
typical, cops always get away with murder
Hello; Not true. Some have been convicted and are doing time.

Saying things like "cops are people to they panic" and other b.s
hello; Well they are people and some have screwed up big time.

The man had a gun in his hand, he was requested to put the gun down or away, He was drunk. he pointed the gun at the deputies as he closed the garage door.
Hello; Yes if I point a gun at an officer I expect to be shot down every time. I get that drunks do stupid things when drunk but pointing a gun at an officer and driving are among the more lethal.

Again keep in the holster, no reason to pull it out, 0 reason.
hello; Must agree with this.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I am going to push back on this a bit, The man had a gun in his hand, he was requested to put the gun down or away, He was drunk. he pointed the gun at the deputies as he closed the garage door.

now let me step back a bit, (I have my gun on my side as I type), you never pull it out unless you are going to use it, let alone at known law enforcement that are there for disturbing the peace. you point a gun at the cops there for a call, well sorry. I would not wait to see if he was going to use it or not, and I have no ideal if its loaded. Again keep in the holster, no reason to pull it out, 0 reason.
This is the cops version of the story, besides it wasn't when the gun was supposedly pointed at him that the cop fired, it was when the door was closed, later it was reported that the guy who was shot was found with a gun IN HIS BACK POCKET.

Let me explain a nasty secret to you: many cops carry a second nonseevice firearm, this is put in the hands of or near/on the body of someone unarmed that they shot, this practice is quite prevalent in parts of the country.

The fact is this story is one sided, told by the victor.

Reactions: J. H. and imabot

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
double post: don't draw your gun unless you have a good reason, cops tend to be twitchy and unforgiving (beyond normal levels), and no one likes a gun pulled on them.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
double post: don't draw your gun unless you have a good reason, cops tend to be twitchy and unforgiving (beyond normal levels), and no one likes a gun pulled on them.
No one likes to be suckerpunched either....did you hear about the guy in Best Buy?
This maniac is caught on video walking around the store as he comes up behind an unsuspecting customer,cold cocks him and steals his cell phone before running off.....all while munching on a bag of Cheetos!

Last edited:

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
yes allot of law enforcement do carry a conceal carry, usually on a ankle holster, and more than likes a glock 27.

this is not a secret, let alone a nasty secret.

again you pull a gun, expect to meet with a person that well shoot first and asked later. I would. not going to wait to see if they are going to shoot me.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and sorry not buying into the plant a gun thing. are there some bad cops? sure there is same as every thing, but not going to condemn the 99.9 percent that are not.

Reactions: jaws7777

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
and there has been a number of cases where folks screaming racial profiling with cell phone vids, that have been debunked by body camera on the cops.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
hello; This bad cop stuff may well be true in real life and not just in movies. In fact from time to time officers are convicted of various crimes done while on duty. I guess the trick is the same as when a criminal does a crime for when a cop does a crime. That being have some way to get evidence of the crime.
With cell phones and security cameras around in large numbers this sort of thing ought to be possible more and more of the time. Maybe an app can be had or made that will gather any available electronic evidence. Say an officer pulls you over or comes to your house. The app might be able to note the presence of any video or listening device in use at the time. Perhaps this is not possible but adds on TV show a woman at the hair dressers getting a notice of punks on her lawn. She then gets pictures of them and can set off an alarm and can talk to them.
I saw an add for a traffic device that can take data from lots of sources and then give you a heads up on traffic jams, traffic cop hideouts, alternate routes and such. Not sure if this was a real thing or something being dreamed up.
The point being that if anyone does feel the cops are mostly bad then be proactive. I think it is in Russia that so many have cameras on the dash of cars recording their driving. That way if an accident happens they have video of what actually happened. So maybe have your own personal body cam around.

One of my relatives was a bootlegger many decades ago. I got to know a few officers who were on that take and looked the other way. They were not absolutely "bad Guys" (no women officers back then) and seemed to do their job fairly straight in most other ways. Maybe I am wrong.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
The award was determined by a jury of the deceased peers. They were undoubtedly provided information neither we not the various jump to conclusions and accusations in the name of news outlets were.

I found the amount insulting to the family however. Better to say no settlement than the cop owes you 4 cents imho

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
and sorry not buying into the plant a gun thing. are there some bad cops? sure there is same as every thing, but not going to condemn the 99.9 percent that are not.
You ever spy on cops
hello; This bad cop stuff may well be true in real life and not just in movies. In fact from time to time officers are convicted of various crimes done while on duty. I guess the trick is the same as when a criminal does a crime for when a cop does a crime. That being have some way to get evidence of the crime.
With cell phones and security cameras around in large numbers this sort of thing ought to be possible more and more of the time. Maybe an app can be had or made that will gather any available electronic evidence. Say an officer pulls you over or comes to your house. The app might be able to note the presence of any video or listening device in use at the time. Perhaps this is not possible but adds on TV show a woman at the hair dressers getting a notice of punks on her lawn. She then gets pictures of them and can set off an alarm and can talk to them.
I saw an add for a traffic device that can take data from lots of sources and then give you a heads up on traffic jams, traffic cop hideouts, alternate routes and such. Not sure if this was a real thing or something being dreamed up.
The point being that if anyone does feel the cops are mostly bad then be proactive. I think it is in Russia that so many have cameras on the dash of cars recording their driving. That way if an accident happens they have video of what actually happened. So maybe have your own personal body cam around.

One of my relatives was a bootlegger many decades ago. I got to know a few officers who were on that take and looked the other way. They were not absolutely "bad Guys" (no women officers back then) and seemed to do their job fairly straight in most other ways. Maybe I am wrong.
the thing which you speak of is still in development, I'm not allowed to say much about it yet.
and sorry not buying into the plant a gun thing. are there some bad cops? sure there is same as every thing, but not going to condemn the 99.9 percent that are not.[/QUOTE

Pops I used to hang out with an attorney , and used to spy/eavesdrop on cops and others (knowledge is power).

This is why I KNOW how nasty and deceitful cops are.

Many times crucial evidence would disapear before trials.

And they actually run a great portion of the crimes being commited, among them I've found: prostitution ring, drug dealing,organized crime(most common).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store