Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Not an American so just wondering, isn't this a good thing. If the parents are unable or unwilling to learn or teach their kids english then if they get the chance to learn English for free at school the kids are more likely to be assimilated and productive citizens when they are of employment age?
Not sure why this is viewed as a bad thing, but as stated I'm not in the U.S so genuinely wondering.
I don't think anyone is saying it's bad to teach immigrants the language of their new country and if it sounds that way then I'm not explaining. Immigration in the US is a mess. Wether it's legal or illegal.

Aus is tough to use as an example so say we move to China and are not required to learn there language now during the school day they attempt to teach the Chinese language to all of these new immigrants. It would take away time from children who already speak Chinese. That time during the day could be used on other subjects. Teach Grammer and spelling is different from teaching the actual language. S skjl47 would better explain.

Yrs ago immigrants were required to learn our language on their time. Wehter it would be at night or on the weekends. This was free of charge.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
.....just got off work and I'll be hitting a few fish shops this morning...anybody need anything?:D
I'm running low on NLS megafish formula.

Thx hommie

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/06/flesh-eating_bacteria_in_alaba.html

Flesh eating bacteria is ramping up for all those vacationing in the gulf.

I worked in channel view tx a few yrs back. A supervisor over there went b down to Galveston. When he got back he had sores. They amputated one leg then another within a few weeks he had passed. It had entered through atheletes foot

*ROCK*

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2018
Not an American so just wondering, isn't this a good thing. If the parents are unable or unwilling to learn or teach their kids english then if they get the chance to learn English for free at school the kids are more likely to be assimilated and productive citizens when they are of employment age?
Not sure why this is viewed as a bad thing, but as stated I'm not in the U.S so genuinely wondering.
It could be viewed either way I guess. I'll be honest, my motivation posting that is I feel it is yet another benefit we citizens have to foot the bill for. I mean I don't think the teachers are volunteering their time, and it's a lot of schools. It might seem insignificant, but the list of benefits illegals get is loong, therefore expensive. Now we're having to dish out huge amounts of money, specifically for people who first disregard our law, while we're in the middle of a crisis trying to help our own citizens with basics like food and shelter. The problem is compounded when these illegal aliens start having 12 kids, when they as parents are being supported by us. All these alien children clog up the schools. At this point OUR kids are getting a poor education because the schools are over crowded, and we're paying for this to happen! As you can see, most of us are speaking out against ILLEGAL immigration. All we want is respect for our country first. These people aren't even fleeing persecution, so asylum is not an option.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
It would be good if they actually learned anything, however people who actually speak English shouldn't have to go to this class

Reactions: J. H.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
T suvatti, black wolf, purple wolf, a grown orange female phyllobates Terribilis, and 6 dendrobates leucomelas please.
Sorry,the shops I stopped at didn't have any of those goodies.

I'm running low on NLS megafish formula.

Thx hommie
Must have been sold out...other than Hikari all they had was this stuff.
20180623_122807.jpg it can be all yours.....just come and pick it up.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Sorry,the shops I stopped at didn't have any of those goodies.

Must have been sold out...other than Hikari all they had was this stuff.
View attachment 1321193 it can be all yours.....just come and pick it up.
I have some one hand. The bichirs go nuts for the NLS stuff.

I would come by for a beer tho. Wife is pissed at me so not gonna be a blissful day

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store