Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'm not that far from VA I'm really tempted to go eat there wearing something rep or pro Trump and on top of that unless my demonic children on them

Have you watched or read snowden? Scary stuff and that was years ago. Push button tyranny and sleeper programs to shutdowns grids.
Was it that good ? No political spin ?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
you do get that saying "welcome, F you" is not going to help people join our country.
Hello; Having discussed similar sorts of things face to face with a person on your general side of the issues, I recognize the tactic you use. That tactic being to try to characterize my responses as unpleasant and in a vulgar way.
In this instance twisting my stance falsely into the equivalent of claiming I am saying "F you" to their culture. My take is they get to have what ever culture they wish at their own place, but when they decide to come live at my place then be prepared to leave the parts of that culture which do not fit and adopt the culture they are moving into.
There is more to say but your comments about the French indicate this is not to be a civil discussion. My take is you sense near fatal flaws in your position and are now resorting to vulgar language and throwing the "Nazi bomb".

The French are a bunch of Nazis, bigots and crooks. You can't emigrate there unless you are white, non-Jewish, non-Roma and spoke the properly dialect of their disgusting language.
Hello; As I already stated your use of "Nazi, bigot and crook" to describe the French pretty much ends any useful comments here.
The only thing worth answering about that unpleasant spiel is this. I do not know what immigration standards the French actually use. Each country gets, or at least should get, to set the standards they want. After all it is their country. If you or anyone else do not like the standards of a particular country then do not try to live there.

The notion you appear to champion for the USA is that those of us already here and who come from a lineage having been here for a long time should try to adjust to the folks coming in and not the other way around.

wonder if all the owners/managers of the other Red Hen Restaurants are pleased?
Hello; Very good question. I did not know they were a chain. So this woman may only own the one place? I do not think there are any Red Hen places in my area so they will not lose my business, but I bet some will just because of this.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I don't think anyone is saying it's bad to teach immigrants the language of their new country and if it sounds that way then I'm not explaining. Immigration in the US is a mess. Wether it's legal or illegal.

Aus is tough to use as an example so say we move to China and are not required to learn there language now during the school day they attempt to teach the Chinese language to all of these new immigrants. It would take away time from children who already speak Chinese. That time during the day could be used on other subjects. Teach Grammer and spelling is different from teaching the actual language. S skjl47 would better explain.

Yrs ago immigrants were required to learn our language on their time. Wehter it would be at night or on the weekends. This was free of charge.
It could be viewed either way I guess. I'll be honest, my motivation posting that is I feel it is yet another benefit we citizens have to foot the bill for. I mean I don't think the teachers are volunteering their time, and it's a lot of schools. It might seem insignificant, but the list of benefits illegals get is loong, therefore expensive. Now we're having to dish out huge amounts of money, specifically for people who first disregard our law, while we're in the middle of a crisis trying to help our own citizens with basics like food and shelter. The problem is compounded when these illegal aliens start having 12 kids, when they as parents are being supported by us. All these alien children clog up the schools. At this point OUR kids are getting a poor education because the schools are over crowded, and we're paying for this to happen! As you can see, most of us are speaking out against ILLEGAL immigration. All we want is respect for our country first. These people aren't even fleeing persecution, so asylum is not an option.
Thanks for the straight answers, like I said was just curious. As I'm not a citizen of the U.S I don't have much of an opinion and if I did it's not really my business.
Like most countries we have our own immigration issues here, legal and illegal. It's hard to have a rational discussion no matter what side of the fence ou are on as you instantly get labelled a racist or greenie (I guess our version of liberal)
Like most things it's not simple and the cynical part of me thinks the politicians really play it up so we spend time arguing with each other and keeping us distracted from their own dodgy behaviour.

Reactions: jaws7777 and skjl47

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
[
I actually screwed man and smoke a cigarette. Wtf 6months down the drain. Daughter was throwing a tantrum wife was throwing a tantrum....said F it.

Do they (wives) ever realize how good they have it ?
HA, I didn't read this properly and thought you said you "actually screwed a man then smoked a cigarette" and I thought my wife would probably be pretty angry if I did that too.......
A relapse isn't uncommon so keep at it, I've been saying I'd quit since my kid was born and 3 years later am still smoking. Good luck with quitting, 6 months clean shows you have strong willpower so yoi will beat it eventually I'm sure.

*ROCK*

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks for the straight answers, like I said was just curious. As I'm not a citizen of the U.S I don't have much of an opinion and if I did it's not really my business.
Like most countries we have our own immigration issues here, legal and illegal. It's hard to have a rational discussion no matter what side of the fence ou are on as you instantly get labelled a racist or greenie (I guess our version of liberal)
Like most things it's not simple and the cynical part of me thinks the politicians really play it up so we spend time arguing with each other and keeping us distracted from their own dodgy behaviour.
You're welcome. It really is hard having rational discussions about this anymore. Like you, I'm sure a lot of us feel like politicians are manipulating us, for whatever reason. As complex as it is, I still feel like there are soo many layers of the argument we'll never see.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Hello; Having discussed similar sorts of things face to face with a person on your general side of the issues, I recognize the tactic you use. That tactic being to try to characterize my responses as unpleasant and in a vulgar way.
In this instance twisting my stance falsely into the equivalent of claiming I am saying "F you" to their culture. My take is they get to have what ever culture they wish at their own place, but when they decide to come live at my place then be prepared to leave the parts of that culture which do not fit and adopt the culture they are moving into.
There is more to say but your comments about the French indicate this is not to be a civil discussion. My take is you sense near fatal flaws in your position and are now resorting to vulgar language and throwing the "Nazi bomb".

Hello; As I already stated your use of "Nazi, bigot and crook" to describe the French pretty much ends any useful comments here.
The only thing worth answering about that unpleasant spiel is this. I do not know what immigration standards the French actually use. Each country gets, or at least should get, to set the standards they want. After all it is their country. If you or anyone else do not like the standards of a particular country then do not try to live there.

The notion you appear to champion for the USA is that those of us already here and who come from a lineage having been here for a long time should try to adjust to the folks coming in and not the other way around.

Hello; Very good question. I did not know they were a chain. So this woman may only own the one place? I do not think there are any Red Hen places in my area so they will not lose my business, but I bet some will just because of this.
You are right for calling out my poor choice of words. They were not conducive to open discussion. However, I still believe that while, yes you must not cater to every whim of the newcomer, and no there is no 'must' anywhere, but, a) there is only so much change a person can handle, and b) someone who feels unwanted is not going to make a good immigrant or citizen.

My comments about the French are not based on their immigration system, but on first hand information I have received from people who have fled France due to persecution, partly from people who identify as Nazis.
Wikipedia said:
Neo-Nazi organizations are outlawed in the Fifth French Republic, yet a significant number of them still exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism#France
My choice of words left what to be desired there as well.

My two points, however, remain.
1) The US has been, and is the best country in the world, and it is responsibility to keep it that way. We fed the Irish in their first famine, accepted the starving refugees of countless famines and wars, funded WWII, lent money to all the countries of the world after WWII to prevent WWIII after the Europeans proved incapable of taking care of themselves with the Treaty of Versailles after WWI, and did countless other things, incidentally becoming the richest country in the world in the process. Do we need to take care of our own and preserve our country first? Yes, but it is still our responsibility to make sure the US stays the best county in the world.

2)The US is a country of immigrants. You may feel far removed from your immigrant ancestors, but you still are a descendant of immigrants. Am I less of an American because my grandmother was born in a DP camp in Europe? Because the furthest back I can trace my American ancestors is to the 1830's? This is a country of immigrants, strong because we have the best of every country in the world. Immigration makes us stronger. Illegal immigration is bad, and we do not need to import Sharia law or Jihad, and I can see the "Blanket ban" as a sensible short term solution, but something needs to be done to allow these people to emigrate and to assimilate.

If Trump succeeds in making peace in East Asia and/or rectifying our relationship with the Chinese, and/or increasing legal immigration, I will admit that as much as I dislike him, he is a great president, as he would be helping us maintain our status as the best in the world. I wish a dignified person like Obama could have done these things, but maybe we need a Trump. I still could never vote for D. Trump, though.

Reactions: jaws7777

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Upstairs?....what,do you walk by and toss the Ramen cases in their rooms?
nope I drop it off the landing and they catch it, and no not a case at a time, 2 packets, they all over 16, cooking a meals for 7 is expensive, to have 5 out of 7 not eat it or left overs does not work for me. way to much waste.

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store