Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Good lord,I just heard that Floyd Mayweather recently bought a wristwatch and paid $18 million dollars for it.
View attachment 1321989 if this true,I don't care how much money the guy has,he is a dumbass!
Funny thing is it looks terrible, I can appreciate quality but to me this is tasteless and tacky. I guess he can do what he wants with his cash but Hopefully for his sake his health holds up after all the blows to the head, if not he may find a lot of his expensive trinkets don't mean much if you can't recognise yourself in the mirror and have to wear a nappy every time you leave the house.

Reactions: jaws7777

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Funny thing is it looks terrible, I can appreciate quality but to me this is tasteless and tacky. I guess he can do what he wants with his cash but Hopefully for his sake his health holds up after all the blows to the head, if not he may find a lot of his expensive trinkets don't mean much if you can't recognise yourself in the mirror and have to wear a nappy every time you leave the house.
It does look like a hunk of junk and course as the saying goes,he can do what he wants with his money but too bad one cannot buy good taste lol.It's one thing if the bauble is an investment and he could possibly double his cash if he sells it but that seems unlikely.
I don't see Msyweather suffering any ill effects from boxing as he was a very careful and defensive minded fighter and has taken relatively few blows to the head during his career.

Last edited:

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Politicians in Puerto Rico are calling for statehood again.
Hello; A thing about the current situation in PR has to do with the years (perhaps even decades) of government corruption. That corruption has been reported to have pretty much bankrupted the country well before the bad hurricane last year. It is my understanding that they owed more than could be re-paid well before the hurricane wiped out most of the infrastructure.
No doubt they have a need and a big expensive need. Should they become a state then guess who becomes obligated for that debt. I know the notion of you lie in the bed that you have made for yourself seems cruel but it fits a bit.
Not sure how to resolve the financial and infrastructure crisis in a fair way. If the USA takes on their debt and also the total cost of rebuilding then we simply increase our already crippling national debt. I did not have anything to do with the corruption reported to have gone on in PR so not sure why I need to get involved.

Reactions: jaws7777

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; A thing about the current situation in PR has to do with the years (perhaps even decades) of government corruption. That corruption has been reported to have pretty much bankrupted the country well before the bad hurricane last year. It is my understanding that they owed more than could be re-paid well before the hurricane wiped out most of the infrastructure.
No doubt they have a need and a big expensive need. Should they become a state then guess who becomes obligated for that debt. I know the notion of you lie in the bed that you have made for yourself seems cruel but it fits a bit.
Not sure how to resolve the financial and infrastructure crisis in a fair way. If the USA takes on their debt and also the total cost of rebuilding then we simply increase our already crippling national debt. I did not have anything to do with the corruption reported to have gone on in PR so not sure why I need to get involved.
Good points and speaking of corruption,it would appear that if statehood gets granted a lot of those corrupt politicians who currently operate would not be able to steal as much money as they have been so I don't see too many of them backing the move.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
if statehood gets granted a lot of those corrupt politicians who currently operate would not be able to steal as much money as they have been
Hello; That is the only fair point I have heard so far for PR statehood. I would also like to add that the PR government people or any other PR people who still exist and were/are a part of the corruption get some jail time and also get their wealth clawed back. While PR statehood will be a huge financial burden for the USA and I will likely never support it, the arrest and stripping of the corrupt folks ought to be a part of it if it happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store