Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have, crazy situation. Looks like the coach will be facing charges.
They are supposedly a mile or more in,why on earth did they go so far?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
ya its ruff, hearing its a 6 hour dive through caves that are complicated even for experienced cave divers. and most seem to not know how to swim.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
there coach took them in when it was dry, and while in monsoon type rain fell and trapped them in, the rains and such will stay that way for months tell the monsoon season is over and drains out.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's how I understand it but I don't see why they had to go so deep into the cave....I mean a mile in...what more is there to see?
......call me what you want but I wouldn't have gone beyond my view of the cave opening.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Not Target, They let men go in girl's bathrooms
Hello; Did not know that.
I dont get the whole thing that a bunch of weirdos and assorted strange people shop at Walmart.
Hello; Most of the month folks are normal enough at the local Wal-Mart. Come the 1st to the 3rd of the month here in Appalachia things change. Sometimes called check days. One those days it gets very crowded and no telling what you might see.

folks keep them selves in poverty, better your self you will have a better life. Aint nobody making any body work at wallmart, its a choise.
Hello; This.

reportedly they could be trapped in there until the fall.
They are supposedly a mile or more in
coach took them in when it was dry, and while in monsoon type rain fell and trapped them in, the rains and such will stay that way for months
Hello; There are several cave systems in my area. Limestone karst formations. Back in my youth I explored several. One near Pennington Gap VA. is large. With some friends we hiked thru passages for eight hours. Passages mostly large enough to drive a truck thru and then some tight places. We camped and slept a few hours and then explored side passages for several hours.
TN, KY, and VA where I live do not have a monsoon season but I have been in caves that had water level changes. My take is these people are in a bad bind. Those caves might fill completely from time to time. I also do not see them staying healthy for such a long time in a wet cave. I guess an attempt might be tried to teach them to dive but I just do not know enough to even guess at the odds for success.
Caves are dangerous places and this is a bad situation.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh...I thought once they were found they were rescued. I know they said they got them food, water, lights and were draining the water.
I don't recall seeing anything about them draining any water,that sounds interesting though.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I do not think thats right any more than it is with any others, again they just sell stuff, they not making it. and the folks here in Monroe like working for Walmart, I know I talk to them every day almost. they great for putting mentally disabled and senior citizens to work as greeters.
TBH, the only person I know who works for Walmart is Autistic (in a way that makes it hard for him to function) and quite happy he was able to get a proper job. I always thought of them as evil. I know people who swear Walmart has crashed the local economies of their towns, putting small stores and mechanic's shops out of business. This is another side of the story, in a way. Walmart does come with its blessings.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
That's how I understand it but I don't see why they had to go so deep into the cave....I mean a mile in...what more is there to see?
......call me what you want but I wouldn't have gone beyond my view of the cave opening.
Heard it was over 2 miles. I bet the coach is to be executed. If not by the state, by a relative.
The "coach" was an older boy of 26? or so. An adult would of said, "no, lets not and say we did, Bad idea".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store