Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
They showed a 12 inch hose for the draining, how successful is another story
They drilled a vertical escape hatch for the miners in Chile, why not do that?
Hello; Back in 2012 I think in Bell County KY in a coal mine near Middlesboro KY some miners were trapped by a sudden very heavy rain. The authorities brought in several large pumps with 6in and larger hoses. While I do not recall exactly how long it took to get the water levels down in the mine, I do know it was not quick and took a while even after the rain stopped. I talked to one of the trapped miners a few years later who no longer will go underground. I might be able to get more information from my brother as he was part of the rescue effort.
A single 12in hose is better than nothing I suppose. May be only a lets do something even if it fails effort. Not sure how far they can get a 12in hose back in a cave or how hose length affects the flow. They may drain chambers that have little to do with where the boys are trapped. Might keep passages open for the rescuers tho and that is vital also.

Hello; Yes a drill vertical shaft might be a way to go to get them out. So much will depend on the details. I have not heard enough about the rescue plans yet to know what is planned.

I hope all are freed and no rescuers are lost.

Reactions: Kris P Bacon

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Walmart is no different than any large department store like Sears. Did smaller companies go out of business because of big box stores ? Sure. Is it Walmarts fault ? Nope.

It's because these large chains can afford to buy products in bulk at cheaper prices in turn selling them at cheaper prices. Don't blame them if some blame is to go around blame the manufacturer and or distributors.

Me I don't blame any of them. I'm able to buy products at cheaper prices puts money in my pocket...I love walmart
Amazon isn't evil just selling products

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I dont get the whole thing that a bunch of weirdos and assorted strange people shop at Walmart.I go there pretty regularly on my own or to take my mother shopping and I have only seen normal looking people..
That means your the weirdo then right?lol

Krich sighting. We love you anyway though

9833457491b0ceb22ccf74b30ef92e2d.jpg

Reactions: J. H.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Reactions: J. H.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Please buy. Enjoy the free market :)
For me to buy it, the shirt needs to say what it will improve, not just what it will remove :)

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
They also keep their workers in perpetual poverty.
According the brookings institute. To avoid being poor you need to graduate high school, not have children out of wedlock, and get a job. Welcome to middle class.

There's not some entity holding people down. We're victims of our own choices. I would be better off if i had made better choices when I was younger. However I would be worse if I didn't make the ones I did. It's really that simple.

I grew up in a trailer park surrounded by crime and drugs so please give me the spill on how poor people stay poor etc etc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store