Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
If they abolish ICE then the BATFE should go right along with it....and first.
I will most definitely be looking for jobs out of country then. I'm not trying to be apart of purge saga. Look at what these people are doing with these authorities in place.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I will most definitely be looking for jobs out of country then. I'm not trying to be apart of purge saga. Look at what these people are doing with these authorities in place.
ATF does nothing to prevent any kind of Purge like crimes and nor would they.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Try a non biased search engine. There's plenty for and against. This isn't your identity. Relax and let's all have a level headed discussion. There's plenty of similar type employment out there and in don't think anyone is forcing someone to work there.

Helping with college.
http://www.joemygod.com/2018/05/30/walmart-offers-to-fund-college-degrees-for-workers/

They wouldn't get paid more with local shops
https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwor...t-pays-high-wages-not-low-wages/#3f8f2396253b

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/20/why...pay-workers-a-15-minimum-wage-commentary.html
I went to the article your first link was based off.
It says that
Bloomberg.com said:
Walmart estimates that as many as 5 percent [68000 workers]of its U.S. workforce could take advantage of the college program.
According to Guild Education, a company that helps large employers extend education benefits, programs such as this cost companies from $6,000 to $10,000 per worker annually.
If we put the cost pehttps://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/t...ussion-thread-1.534373/page-815#post-7954673r employee in the middle at 8k per year, it totals out to 54,400,000 per year. A barrier to this being effective is their inconstant scheduling used to keep from classifying their workers as full time. They are required to offer full time status to employees working 40 hours or more for 12 weeks so they manipulate scheduling to get around this. If you aren't sure what hours and how many you are working, can you really get a education? I also want to know how they got a figure of 68k using this program.

For the second and third links, sure walmart might pay higher wages than a mom and pop store. But this is still very low. Let's say a employee earns 12.50 a hour and gets full time (unlikely) at 40 hours. 12.50 times 40 equals 500 dollars a week before taxes. Per year, that is just 24k a year. And that is before accounting for taxes and varying hours.
Okay, so I'll bite.

What literally is the law that Walmart is literally breaking by having it's managers report any unionizing activity by their employees?

Why do you not want Walmart to "hold programs telling their employees to go on welfare and food stamps"? That hurts the employees and saves Walmart money. You'd prefer them to not help their employees?
It is a violation of the National Labor Relations Act. In many cases, they spy on their employees (defined as doing something out of the ordinary to observe the activity. Seeing open union activity in workplace areas frequented by supervisors is not "spying) For example, in 2000, meat cutters decided to unionize. However, Walmart then fired all their meat cutters and moved to precut meat. A judge later ordered walmart to restore their meat department as it was. A more recent example.

imabot imabot how many employees do you think Walmart has ?
"The company has 1.5 million employees in the U.S."
They have 2.3 million worldwide.

I'll reply to the other posts later.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Thanks for the back up.
I have never had the pleasure of visiting the statue but I plan to do so this summer.I know I would be absolutely livid if my visit was ruined because of such foolishness.....they should have heaved her into the water!
I went by it on a ferry but never went to the Island. I think it was in 1982

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lets hope this generation is never called on for a real, boots on the ground war!
Oh I wouldn't be too quick to write them off.....take away their phones and XBox and I bet all Hell breaks loose.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I went to the article your first link was based off.
It says that

If we put the cost pehttps://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/official-off-topic-discussion-thread-1.534373/page-815#post-7954673https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/official-off-topic-discussion-thread-1.534373/page-815#post-7954673r employee in the middle at 8k per year, it totals out to 54,400,000 per year. A barrier to this being effective is their inconstant scheduling used to keep from classifying their workers as full time. They are required to offer full time status to employees working 40 hours or more for 12 weeks so they manipulate scheduling to get around this. If you aren't sure what hours and how many you are working, can you really get a education? I also want to know how they got a figure of 68k using this program.

For the second and third links, sure walmart might pay higher wages than a mom and pop store. But this is still very low. Let's say a employee earns 12.50 a hour and gets full time (unlikely) at 40 hours. 12.50 times 40 equals 500 dollars a week before taxes. Per year, that is just 24k a year. And that is before accounting for taxes and varying hours.

It is a violation of the National Labor Relations Act. In many cases, they spy on their employees (defined as doing something out of the ordinary to observe the activity. Seeing open union activity in workplace areas frequented by supervisors is not "spying) For example, in 2000, meat cutters decided to unionize. However, Walmart then fired all their meat cutters and moved to precut meat. A judge later ordered walmart to restore their meat department as it was. A more recent example.

"The company has 1.5 million employees in the U.S."
They have 2.3 million worldwide.

I'll reply to the other posts later.
So if Walmart closed it's doors over 2 million people out of work ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store