Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
as an FYI Australia is a continent not an island.
Islands are either extensions of the oceanic crust (e.g. volcanic islands) or geologically they are part of some continent sitting on continental lithosphere (e.g. Greenland). But for Australia, which sits on its own continental lithosphere and tectonic plate can be considered as a continent.
Hello; You are correct about Australia and this is the way I have understood it for a time. I do think KK lives on Tasmania if memory serves. That is why I made the reference to her living on an island. Or perhaps I have gotten the part about where she lives wrong?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Hello; You are correct about Australia and this is the way I have understood it for a time. I do think KK lives on Tasmania if memory serves. That is why I made the reference to her living on an island. Or perhaps I have gotten the part about where she lives wrong?
No, you're right. I'm in Tassie. :)

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
yup tas is off the coast of Australia and is an island.

Islands are either extensions of the oceanic crust (e.g. volcanic islands) or geologically they are part of some continent sitting on continental lithosphere (e.g. Greenland). But for Australia, which sits on its own continental lithosphere and tectonic plate can be considered as a continent.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
so, Australia is not an island it does have islands. Tas being on of them. :)

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
as an FYI Australia is a continent not an island.
yup tas is off the coast of Australia and is an island.

Hello; Pops you are changed. Could it be that NFL red zone has had some effect?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Just a factoid, Tanzanite is one of my fav gem stones and only mined in Tanzania.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I have no ideal what you mean? lol

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I have no ideal what you mean? lol
Hello; I don't either really. Just popped into my head and the other brain cell that can sometimes control random impulses was napping.
I think you now have NFL red zone as mentioned in a recent post.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Hello; I don't either really. Just popped into my head and the other brain cell that can sometimes control random impulses was napping.
I think you now have NFL red zone as mentioned in a recent post.
I think you meant, pops, you've sold out your country, are you now researching others? Lol

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I think you meant, pops, you've sold out your country, are you now researching others? Lol
LoL, did you mis the part where geography does not aptly to geology? And no always been a science buff, no matter the discipline. like a handy man, knowledge of everything master of none.

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store