Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
So,NFL Hall of Famers want lifetime salaries and health benefits from the league now..what do you all think of this?
Hello; I guess it is like the pension plan I took when I retired. Same for a teacher who retired about ten years before I did. We are both stuck with the deal we had to make at the time. Inflation and the cost of living have pretty much gone up much more that any COLA's. In fact there have been several years where we did not get any COLA at all.

For you NASCAR fans who can recall Ned Jarrett. He won the championship many years ago. He became a TV commentator and often said the driver s were getting much more for one race than he did for a championship.

My guess is they are stuck with whatever deal they made back in the day. I would like a do over myself if it comes to that.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I think its a deal they should have struck with the league before joining it.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I don't get why they expect people to pay for someone else's wedding, and if I did pay anything I'd want a refund if they break their oaths and get a divorce.
My cousin got married last year. Guests could attend the ceremony for free, but for the reception afterwards they asked guests to pay $10 each, to help cover the cost of the buffet. The money they got from guests for the reception covered a little under half of the cost of the food and drink provided. Most people paid (I was maid of honor so I didn't have to, nor did the best man) but even those who didn't pay were welcome at the buffet/bar. The money they asked for was just to help cover the cost, it didn't pay for the entire wedding (or even the entire buffet) but without everyone's contributions it would of been an alcohol free reception. No one minded, and almost everyone chucked in their ten bucks.

It was a good day, I look horrible in every photo taken but ultimately it was fun. :D

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
My cousin got married last year. Guests could attend the ceremony for free, but for the reception afterwards they asked guests to pay $10 each, to help cover the cost of the buffet. The money they got from guests for the reception covered a little under half of the cost of the food and drink provided. Most people paid (I was maid of honor so I didn't have to, nor did the best man) but even those who didn't pay were welcome at the buffet/bar. The money they asked for was just to help cover the cost, it didn't pay for the entire wedding (or even the entire buffet) but without everyone's contributions it would of been an alcohol free reception. No one minded, and almost everyone chucked in their ten bucks.

It was a good day, I look horrible in every photo taken but ultimately it was fun. :D
Sounds good to me, I think that's fair, want to share any of the horrible pics? Or have ye burned em yet lol

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Apparently one in 20 deaths is from alcohol,
That's a little higher than I thought it'd be, I was expecting more like 1 in 40

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; A small mystery for speculation. I parked my truck at the local Wal-mart yesterday afternoon. I park out a ways and had some spaces between my truck and other parked cars. It was clear but fairly gusty wind. Not real strong wind but enough to have the flags standing out pretty straight. I had around 20 yards from my truck. I had on a baseball type cap. I felt something wet hit the top of my left ear. My first though being it was bird poo.
I touched it with a finger and looked at it on my finger. It was yellow. I smelled it and it smelled like mustard. All yellow and no other colors and smelled just like mustard. Pretty sure it was mustard. I did not taste it but looked like mustard when I checked in the restroom mirror.

So it's mustard. Question is how it got onto my ear? There were others in the parking lot but none close to me. I did not notice anyone in the near parked cars and I do try to watch for these things. Cars were moving but not very close to me at all.

I need some guesses. Hendre Hendre , Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt , pops pops , W Warborg , P PYRU , @deadliest viper, F FMA4ME tlindsey tlindsey and all.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
......did you hear someone sneeze in the distance right before the stuff landed on your ear?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store