Whats the deal with Xtreme fish food ??

Tropical Joe

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
Queens NY
What is the deal with Xtreme fish food for Africans Cichlids ? I looked for it on Ebay and only seen one container for like 75 dollars. IT seems like it is a chilly mix by a fish farm. Has anyone used it ? Does anyone know much about it ? Any info will help. Thanks- I am always looking for healthy foods for my fish.

Icecold Dan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
Earth
I've been using the Cichlid PeeWee for about a year now and am very happy with it. I keep a large SA setup and a few smaller tanks, one with West Africans, and the other shell dwellers. They all eat it and I haven't had any issues with cloudy water. The ingredient list is very good.

Edit: I've been getting from Amazon all this time, but I've seen recently that Aquarium Co-Op has started to endorse it

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
What is the deal with Xtreme fish food for Africans Cichlids ? I looked for it on Ebay and only seen one container for like 75 dollars. IT seems like it is a chilly mix by a fish farm. Has anyone used it ? Does anyone know much about it ? Any info will help. Thanks- I am always looking for healthy foods for my fish.
Ive inquired about this food before here. The consensus was theres not much that sets it apart from the hundred other food brands out there. They're marketed as "gourmet" and "formulated by experts" but if you check the ingredients theres not much different from hikari, omega one, tetra, etc...

My experience with it was that it was a decent food. Some of my fish liked it some didnt. I would say if you can get it cheap give it a try but dont pay a premium for it.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
This is Aquarium Coop new product that Cory is pushing. He gave out samples at Aquashella and talked about it on the Livestream.

He says he's not carrying Northfin any more bc sales were low. I'm not surprised as he never promoted it. I'm gonna buy some as his remaining stock is 20% off and my fish like the Wafers. I'm also gonna buy the veggie pellets bc I see rainbows picking at the Wafers.

Months ago he mentioned he has a beef with NLS for some reason. He used to carry that.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Cory is a business man that as such promotes what is to his business, an advantage. Nothing wrong with that, but it's all business. Cory went to Ricky Biro's farm, made a vid or two, no doubt swung a deal, and is now supporting their product. OK

When Xtreme first came out it contained lower quality ingredients such as wheat middlings, and soybean meal. Certainly not premium ingredients .....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store