Flowerhorn Newbie

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
I have a new heater on the way. This one is starting to crap out. Fluctuates 3-4 degrees F too often. It stays well within range of what flowerhorns can handle but I don't like that much fluctuation. I went with the Fluval E300. Heard good things and i got it for only 30 bucks. This one has a guard so that will help too haha.
I think within the range is okay, temperature in nature fluctuates. That heater looks pretty good. I have aqueon pro and eheim jager, both 200W may be for 75 gallon I will get this.

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
I think within the range is okay, temperature in nature fluctuates. That heater looks pretty good. I have aqueon pro and eheim jager, both 200W may be for 75 gallon I will get this.
I would have went with the 200W but it was 60 dollars compared to 31 for the bigger 300 watt. Made more sense to me for almost half price.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
I would have went with the 200W but it was 60 dollars compared to 31 for the bigger 300 watt. Made more sense to me for almost half price.
Makes sense to get 300W then. If it drops on amazon then walmart and other stores try to match it. Amazon drops on supply and demand and how much inventory is left. Great catch, may be I should order noe for future.

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
I have a new heater on the way. This one is starting to crap out. Fluctuates 3-4 degrees F too often. It stays well within range of what flowerhorns can handle but I don't like that much fluctuation. I went with the Fluval E300. Heard good things and i got it for only 30 bucks. This one has a guard so that will help too haha.
I got the marineland indestructible. 55 bucks for a 300 watt. Worth the investment for sure

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
Sorry I read your full comment and instead of asking for recommended time to leave mirror in, I asked how long you leave it in. Having multiple flowerhorns must be good. I always wanted to make goldfish and oscar tank (and asian arowana but they are illegal here, so not counting those in), so if I get more tanks, 4th tank would be for flowerhorn.
I enjoy having multiple flowerhorn. It's not bad when you're in control. It gets out of control when you end up having a fertile male that decides to get with a female and drop about 300 fry and another 300 fry back to back in your lap out of nowhere....lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Ruturaj

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
Please don't go cheap on a heater. I had an Aquatop cook all the Carpintis I had been growing out for over a year. As stated above...you get what you pay for. Heart breaking learning experience on this end.

Reactions: JSpilo
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store