Ideas for an all Amphilophus tank....

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
beautiful hoga man!
Thanks, it is not very much of a wet pet, getting meaner and has no nuchal hump which are things I dont like but then as it matures Im really loving the colors on it.
Yeah I get the orange thing but they are beautiful!
The midas that is on my keeper list is not full orange so it will help. The current two in the tank are not really on my keep list but have shown some good personality so it is going to be tough to decide when it comes down to thinning them down.

Reactions: M.C.Cichlids

M.C.Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2020
Thanks, it is not very much of a wet pet, getting meaner and has no nuchal hump which are things I dont like but then as it matures Im really loving the colors on it.

The midas that is on my keeper list is not full orange so it will help. The current two in the tank are not really on my keep list but have shown some good personality so it is going to be tough to decide when it comes down to thinning them down.
Always hard! Especially when you raise them from 1" fry.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Always hard! Especially when you raise them from 1" fry.
Thats it exactly! Plus I know these are true midas and not mutts so I want to keep as many as possible... they also have great wet pet personalities.

My buddy who obtained them has a couple too. We have been talking about breeding a few batches. That is something in my years of fish keeping Ive never really done. So that might just be part of my big amph project.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
My buddy sent me a video of the trimac last night and it is a bold little thing. Makes me seriously consider trying it in the 300.
No other cichlid just the trimac, and my 3 bichir and 3 bala sharks. I wonder if it would work...

Any thoughts on that one? Are trimac that much more aggressive?
I don't think there that much more aggressive than the hoga but they have teeth and jaw structure similar to salvini, haitiensis so potentially cause more damage.

Reactions: DMD123

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
ROFL - My first reaction was to laugh. The look on Casper's face is priceless! That made my day!

Sorry Casper, I know its not funny... :lol2:
That pic was from a couple months back. He is so used to it now he swims into the net and and lays down in it. Unless of course if you get close to him. Then it's all bitey, bitey again.

• Haha
Reactions: DMD123
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store