Homemade Food for South American Cichlids

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I'd hate to think my cinnamon toast crunch was up to 8% cockroach!
I think it would depend upon which parts of the cockroach they use. I'd definitely avoid the brands that use cockroach meal rather than actual cockroach parts... :)

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
I find it interesting that there is push back on terrestrial plant matter. What is detritus? Nothing more than rotten plant matter and fish poop and terrestrial animal poop. That rotten plant matter is aquatic plants and terrestrial plants. Logs are terrestrial for crying out loud but we feed those to our wood eating "plecos."
This hobby is all science. You have to be something of an ichthyologist when choosing fish species, a nutritionist when deciding on food to feed, veterinarian when treating disease, and chemist when testing water. My other hobby is riding a motorcycle because its simple, twist throttle and go.

Reactions: Dalfrey86

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Just so we don't get freaked, there are "only" 450 insect parts, and 9 rodent hairs allowed in each 16 oz box of spaghetti..
or......
to put it another way...
There are "only" 10 milligrams of animal feces allowed in a 1 lb bag of coffee beans.

• Haha
Reactions: fishguy1978

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Just so we don't get freaked, there are "only" 450 insect parts, and 9 rodent hairs allowed in each 16 oz box of spaghetti..
or......
to put it another way...
There are "only" 10 milligrams of animal feces allowed in a 1 lb bag of coffee beans.
Never mind the detrivor mites that live at the base of your eye lashes and brows and in your pillows and mattress ?

Reactions: deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store