Retro gaming

Theos.dad

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2021
I was really into the good old commodore 64 and amiga,in my early teens. It was great swapping games with my mates and buying the english games magazines that were 3 months out of date when they got here. This was long before gaming was mainstream and still considered nerd thing to do. The variety of games was incredible, there were shooting games, flight simulators, strategy, text adventures, racing games and dodgy arcade conversions, not like now where there only seems 3 or 4 types of game available.

Theres a console called Super X pro that apparently has the full catalogue of all the old computers and consoles on it , im tempted to buy one but dont want my memories tainted when i realise how basic and possibly crap all the old games really are.
One thing i would like about it is you can just sit down, fire up the console and play any game for 30mins then go about your business, a modern PS4 game requires alot more investment of time which i really dont have anymore.
The super x console looks amazing. It's an emulator that basically plays everything ypu can imagine up to the Playstation 3 or so I believe. Don't have one but am looking to get possibly get one

Reactions: JackEmerson

Theos.dad

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2021
Not sure if the Playstation 2 is considered a retro console yet, but another fishing related game that I loved as a child was Reel Fishing. I haven’t thought about some of these childhood fishing games in years.
When the ps2 came out it was a literal game changer. I stopped playing all my old co soles back then and went straight to it. Reel fishing was great. Along with metal gear solid and the tomb raiders of that time

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Pong! Wow! I remember bringing home an Atari back when they were new, because I was amazed by Pong.

My father looked at me as though I had an eye in the middle of my forehead. He watched me and my brother playing for a bit, reluctantly accepted my suggestion that he try it...and didn't stop for something like 2 hours. :ROFL:

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Pong! Wow! I remember bringing home an Atari back when they were new, because I was amazed by Pong.

My father looked at me as though I had an eye in the middle of my forehead. He watched me and my brother playing for a bit, reluctantly accepted my suggestion that he try it...and didn't stop for something like 2 hours. :ROFL:
Sounds like he went to a fifth set tie breaker, lol.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lol, my dad had a part-time side-hustle/hobby of fixing old TV sets...I'm talking CRT TV sets. The Atari intrigued him because it was stuffed full of those cool new transistor thingies instead of vacuum tubes, of which he had several thousand in boxes in the basement.

He was convinced the old tube technology would make a comeback, as soon as the transistor fad had run its course...:)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Does this guy fit into the retro category? It seems an age ago that everybody was going crazy about Sonic.Sonic_67.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store