Green Terror in 55-Gallon

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I’d personally do the one with the acaras - keep it at a pair (may require getting a few to start to ensure a pair forms).
You can do jewel cichlids is you want to keep it an African theme (minus the raph).

I wouldn’t mix African with a bichir - they are just too mean and will outcompete/beat up on the bichir.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I’d personally do the one with the acaras - keep it at a pair (may require getting a few to start to ensure a pair forms).
You can do jewel cichlids is you want to keep it an African theme (minus the raph).

I wouldn’t mix African with a bichir - they are just too mean and will outcompete/beat up on the bichir.
I will probably just stick to SA/CA then. I could get a small school of acaras and see if a pair forms.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
African riverine would be fine too (smaller hemichromis, Buffalo cichlids, kribensis).
It’s really the rift lake cichlids that don’t play well.

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
You could go with Jewel cichlids with an African Tetra for dithers.

Not my.pic, but an example of a Jewel cichlids
View attachment 1528054

Even add in a small river Syno cat.
wait a sec, jexnell you gave the perfect idea for my 55 gallon tank. i love you!!:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

Reactions: Jexnell

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I wouldn’t really do any sev in a 55. They get big, so the 18 inch width of a 75 would make bare minimum imo (but a 6 foot tank is best for one).
I know this is a couple of days old but I’m still going to throw my hat in the ring. I kept a green severum in a 75 and honestly she looked so cramp in it, both length wise and width wise and if I keep a severum again I wouldn’t go anything less than a 5’ x 2’.
SilverArowanaBoi SilverArowanaBoi I know you’re excited but try to calm down on the different lists, find the species you love the most and try to build the stock list around that species.

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y'all! I was wondering if a Senegal Bichir can actually go in a 55-gallon aquarium. I'm seriously considering one and thinking about a new stocking idea: Yellow Labs, a small school of striped raph cats, and 1 bichir.

Reactions: AR1

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
SilverArowanaBoi SilverArowanaBoi I know you’re excited but try to calm down on the different lists, find the species you love the most and try to build the stock list around that species.
As for my favorites: Striped Raph, Featherfin squeaker, Senegal bichir, dovii (I know, I can't have it, too big) and Firemouth.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
A senegal would have no problems in a 55, but I wouldn’t put one with any mbuna cichlids, they are far to aggressive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store