More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Coming soon!

A picture guide of the hrp clan. A who's who if you will.

In other news, the vines have calmed the 125 a LOT. The males nest in different areas and like exploring the various levels off the floor. Hrp Bruce is still an ass but it's hard to stir things up when you can't get a clean line of attack.

In the 225 hrp Pip is still flirting with Red rainbow Salt. Bp Boss enjoys multiple caves he can chill out in. It took a few days to make up his mind but now he goes in the green cactus cave in the middle of the tank and peers out.

The 15 or so fry from Tigger/Blackbeard are growing fast.
The older fry out of Brutus are nearly half grown now.

Brutus is still growing...

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
ok another hrp update.

hrp Brutus may indeed have a giant gene...his daughter Tigger is now larger than Blackbeard! But Blackbeard is his sibling and may have it too. The fry he has with Tigger are growing like nothing I've seen before. They've tripled in size in a week!! Keep in mind Brutus didn't reach his potential until he was in the 125, same as brother Squiggy. So the same is probably true for Blackbeard. This is crazy.

Brutus' other brother Neet now appears to have wigglers with Ace. I suspected Ace to be female but nothing happened for months so I assumed male. And like Tigger, she's as big as the adult males in the growout. So its verified all pink males are fertile which isn't the case for the barred ones.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
ok another hrp update.

hrp Brutus may indeed have a giant gene...his daughter Tigger is now larger than Blackbeard! But Blackbeard is his sibling and may have it too. The fry he has with Tigger are growing like nothing I've seen before. They've tripled in size in a week!! Keep in mind Brutus didn't reach his potential until he was in the 125, same as brother Squiggy. So the same is probably true for Blackbeard. This is crazy.

Brutus' other brother Neet now appears to have wigglers with Ace. I suspected Ace to be female but nothing happened for months so I assumed male. And like Tigger, she's as big as the adult males in the growout. So its verified all pink males are fertile which isn't the case for the barred ones.
correction in this post...Neet has hooked up with Sharky, another daughter of Brutus.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
ok another hrp update.

Lol 😂 love the names and personalities

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
It's official, folks...Brutus is now the biggest chonk in the 125. He's even edged out Stripey and Bubba. He doesn't have the biggest fins but the biggest body. I don't think it's possible for him to get enough food, either...he's like a vaccum cleaner (they all are, really).

Lucky and Deuce likewise are gaining size rapidly now as sub-adults. A few pics on the way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store