Upcoming Movies and TV shows

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
I was once into animated series too...when I was about 8!!! Back then in my day they called them cartoons, lol.
True, but some of them are still interesting. The animes are very interesting and have been produced to target mature audience aswell.
Besides my mom won't let me watch all these real films :nilly:

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Lol, the story of Aladdin is known from something like 300 years ago; it's part of the 1001 Tales of the Arabian Nights. It's been made into a bunch of movies all the way back even in the Silent Age.

SilverArowanaBoi SilverArowanaBoi , did you think that a screen writer for Disney came up with the original idea...or any original idea, for that matter...back when Robin Williams was a thing? :lol3:
Of course not. I knew there were other Aladdins, but nobody knew about them, right? None of the Disney movies are "original," lol. I know that because I've read most of the stories that the movies were based on.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Besides my mom won't let me watch all these real films :nilly:
Your mum sounds very sensible, you obviously don't take after her, lol.

I think she'd let out a high pitched scream if she knew you were chatting to unruly characters such as John, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I will absolutely NOT be watching! Once bitten and all that, lol.

However you did mention something which piqued my interest, "House". I got into house years ago, I believe there are about 9 seasons of it. This was back in the day when there was loads of good stuff to watch and I regularly used to juggle several shows at the same time.

I think I got to about season 5 of house and started to get a bit fed up of it. There's only so much of a grumpy Hugh Laurie you can take, and boy was he a miserable so and so lol. I do remember the storylines were quite good though. If I can find it anywhere I might start watching House again.

So, it'll be a firm no thank you to "three thousand years of longing" and a possible yes thank you to "House". :thumbsup:
I will absolutely NOT be watching! Once bitten and all that, lol.

However you did mention something which piqued my interest, "House". I got into house years ago, I believe there are about 9 seasons of it. This was back in the day when there was loads of good stuff to watch and I regularly used to juggle several shows at the same time.

I think I got to about season 5 of house and started to get a bit fed up of it. There's only so much of a grumpy Hugh Laurie you can take, and boy was he a miserable so and so lol. I do remember the storylines were quite good though. If I can find it anywhere I might start watching House again.

So, it'll be a firm no thank you to "three thousand years of longing" and a possible yes thank you to "House". :thumbsup:
Esox, don't think of it as a "once bitten" kind of thing; perhaps that one bite has conferred some sort of immunity on you that allows you to expand your cinematic horizons a bit. :) This flick is well worth checking out. It's not a huge investment; it's a couple of quiet relaxing hours on the couch. If you enjoy it and your wife sees that, it's also some brownie points. :)

I agree that House went through a middle period of seeming a bit desperate, although I never got tired of Laurie's grumpiness. But the ongoing stories revolving around the mental hospital, the prison, his parole period, and his friendship with Wilson really improved it in the last several seasons. I loved the ending of the series...partially because the series had an ending!...and found it quite satisfying. I won't say anything more except that I am glad to have watched it right through.

The last episode was actually a retrospective looking back on the series rather than part of the story. I skipped it completely; I like stories better when they are not analyzed to death afterwards. So when I turned on the penultimate episode and watched it through to the end, I commented to Sharon "That was excellent; they should have ended it right there, would have been perfect".

A few minutes later, as the actual last show in the series started, we realized that we had seen the end of the story...and it was a perfect ending.

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
i don't know about you guys but i am more into animated series, the old animated series/cartoons to be more precise.This includes
the old scooby doo cartoon
the Clone Wars (a animated series of Star wars)
TMNT
Godzilla
and some more which i can't remember right now
i have also tried a plethora of latest animated NETFLIX series like The Dragon Prince, Camp Cretaceous, Spy Racers, Kung Fu Panda, etc
but only some of them are good

However what i really, really like to see are japanese Animes!
Camp Cretaceous, while having an agenda, is actually a really good show. Have you seen the new reboot with the kids as young adults (Chaos Theory)?

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I was once into animated series too...when I was about 8!!! Back then in my day they called them cartoons, lol.
Ok Bugs Bunny, go back to Albuquerque ;) 🤣

Spotty little varmints these days...

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
There is some terrific animated stuff available that you'd be very hard-pressed to characterize as a "cartoon".

I just watched a series called "Blue-Eyed Samurai" which blew me away with its story and production values. Outstanding.

A series called "Arcane" was at least as good, and has apparently been renewed for a second season; really looking forward to it.

And, of course, one of my all-time favourites is the wonderful "Love, Death and Robots", an anthology series that is composed of a series of animated shorts that are all different and often exceptionally well written. Some of those episodes can be re-watched numerous times without losing any of their appeal; some are better than others, but there are no bad ones. :)

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
And, of course, one of my all-time favourites is the wonderful "Love, Death and Robots", an anthology series that is composed of a series of animated shorts that are all different and often exceptionally well written. Some of those episodes can be re-watched numerous times without losing any of their appeal; some are better than others, but there are no bad ones. :)
Let me guess, you two are the main stars? :ROFL::screwy::nilly::lol3::hitting:

• Haha
Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store